INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 16, How to display my covers, when on external disc?  (Read 4957 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 16, How to display my covers, when on external disc?
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:45:10 am »

Hi, my native language is not english, so sorry, if somesimple things, look a bit difficult to understand...

I am using my Windows 8.1 computer for playing back my music.  When  the music is on the internal disc, I get nice cover view, what the player seemd to have added itself searching internet.  When I plug in an external disc, the music on that disc is not integrated in the libary. I tried to synchronise (although I never understood, what that is exactly), and all I got is having the files of my internal disc, also on my external one.

So all I ask in a simple way, if I can have all the covers displayed in my music library. I can see what is on the hard disc by selecting "devices", but then I got the name of the songs, with a small cover on the left of each song.

Also, I have an Android tablet, is there a way to see on it what is on J river, and select it through there?

Thank you!

P.S, I never upgraded, because I think paying once is enough, and I am just too numb to use and understand all features.  

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MC 16, How to display my covers, when on external disc?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »

Add the music folder on the external drive to Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »

Also, I have an Android tablet, is there a way to see on it what is on J river, and select it through there?

Try Gizmo.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 05:50:45 am »

I still have some issues. I have several discs, nto always used same time, and also I have some Cd's on internal hd, that are the same then the one's on the external disc.  Problem is that in the library, it shows twice in the folder. If it were seperate folders no problem but it shows for example.

1. Madonna -holiday
1. Madonna -holiday
2. Madonna - Like a virgin
2. Madonna - like a virgin

etc.

So every time I choose a disc, I get everything played twice. Is there also a way to build the libary again and start from srcatch?

MrC

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 12:18:59 pm »

You can certainly rebuild the library, but the problem will persist if you use the same drives and folders again.

The problem is that you have the same files (albeit with different letter case), in two different file system locations.

So you either have to remove from MC's library the ones you don't want, or you could start fresh and don't add certain drives or paths to your imports (manual- or auto-import).

You can also just filter out certain folder paths or drives.

Since I don't have an understanding of your reasons for having the duplicated albums/tracks on different drives, no advice can be provided for the best way for you to move forward.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 12:37:04 pm »

The reason is simple. I take my portable on holiday, where I stock the music I like the most. On the external drive is all my music.....

MrC

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 12:47:38 pm »

Probably then you want to customize your views so that you can filter out drives you don't want to use.  You might, for instance, add Location as the first Category in a panes or categories view, and then select a particular drive for use.  Or you might use Search or Search Wizard to select only certain locations or exclude certain locations.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:21 am »

Thanks for your comments. But to filter that I not understand well.... :-[

I think I rebuild from scatch, maybe upgrade to version 19, bt problem is I not use JRiver so much for the moment, but my oppo 93.  But would like to do everything with the tablet now....

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

I would appreciate a quick solution.  In the configuration, I only put the external disc.  But when I looked at my library, still I had double files, on the common cd's.

Now I would like to know this :

Can I delete  from the library all the files from the internal disc, without exactly deleting them there.

If I do a new scan, how to arrange it is really a scan from scratch and previous items will not be displayed? Everything works fine, just cannot get rid of these double files!

MrC

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 12:01:51 pm »

In Tools > Import > Configure Auto Import, remove the paths you do not want imported.

In the Audio > Files view, sort the files by the Filename column.  This will sort them such that each drive's paths are grouped together.  You can select all the files from the group(s) of paths you don't want, and hit Delete.  This will remove the entries from MC.

Alternatively, you can use the Search Wizard (upper right search box, click the downward facing triangle).  Use Filename (path) as the basis for filtering.  Enter the drive letter and path prefix necessary to select only those files you want to delete.  So your filter will something like:

Filename (path) starts with Z:\Music\paths\to\remove

Then you'll have only those paths shown in MC, and you can select all and Delete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up