INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Empty" playlists after MC18 upgrade to MC19?  (Read 1179 times)

Smoerrebroed

"Empty" playlists after MC18 upgrade to MC19?
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:21:47 am »

As newbie I first have to say hello to the Interact Forum :) hopefully I get some answers from the community here, thanks a lot in advance ;)
I use JRiver in combination with NI TRAKTOR2, especially for creating playlists - which is much easier and comfortable in this way. Recently I upgraded my MC to the last stable version 19.0.67 and now I have a strange problem to import the existing, with the former MC version generated playlists in my new MC version. Weird is that I have no problem with importing the same playlists in iTunes oder TRAKTOR2, but whenever I try importing the same playlist with the actual MC version I get the following message:

As Textfile:
Library now has .... files. Search and update took 0:00.
Imported 0 new files.
Updated 1 file that had external changes.
In-depth details:
Updated: E:\Eigene Musik\_Playlists\Dark Wave_E.txt

Example of *.txt data:
Ashes to Ashes   David Bowie   David Bowie   Scary Monsters [Bonus Tracks]      Rock   10695040   267         4      1980   04.02.2013 22:26   08.02.2013 18:34   320   44100      MPEG-Audiodatei      E:\Eigene Musik\David Bowie\Scary Monsters [Bonus Tracks]\04 - Ashes to Ashes.mp3

If I import the same playlist in m3u format, MC can open the playlist.

Example of *.m3u data:
#EXTINF:267,Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie
E:\Eigene Musik\David Bowie\Scary Monsters [Bonus Tracks]\04 - Ashes to Ashes.mp3

But this means I have to first import all playlists in *.txt format first in iTunes and save them in *.m3u format. Nearly all the time I do this iTunes will loss same songs (cannot find the song in the playlist even though it is at the right place). Unfortunately TRAKTOR2 also has some issues with the M3U import format and works best with *.txt format :P
May be I`m in the wrong - but I could swear I imported all the time without any errors the *.txt playlist format in / from MC V18?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "Empty" playlists after MC18 upgrade to MC19?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

I'm confused here.  MC 18 or 19 would not generate a .txt file when you create/export a playlist.  Yet you say they were generated in an earlier version of MC?

Your sample looks like a Tab-Separated file (MC generates Comma-Separated files) and the column order matches iTunes text file exports.

So it seems you are saying that MC19 won't import an iTunes-generated txt playlist?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up