INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and external HDMI sources (and a remote to change them?)  (Read 1788 times)

architect7

JRiver and external HDMI sources (and a remote to change them?)
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:29:51 pm »

Hello Everyone-

I have just discovered JRiver recently and from what I have read, it seems like a perfect solution alongside Dirac for my new HTPC.  I haven't downloaded the trial yet because I want to be able to test it with my new sound card.  I have a few questions that I am hoping someone can help answer regarding JRiver functionality/capabilities:

1.)  Can JRiver accept non-HDCP HDMI sources?  Such as an HDMI capture card?  If so, can it also accept up to 7.1 surround audio channels such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA?

2.)  Can JRiver accept an HD cable-TV feed from a tuner card such as a Cenet device?

3.)  Is there a remote or app that can be used to change these sources in JRiver?  No big deal if there is not, I can always use Splashtop on my iPad to do this.

Thank you!

bulldogger

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver and external HDMI sources (and a remote to change them?)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:41:20 pm »

1.Yes
2.Yes
3. JRemote, I think can do what you want. Here's a review http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/478-jremote-ios-remote-jriver-media-center-review/

architect7

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »

Fantastic, thank you for the fast response.  And with the non-HDCP HDMI input, will JRiver see this as a digital input up to 1080P?

Stream_HD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:29 am »

Did you ever get this to work?  I am very curious about the audio portion especially, getting a true 7.1 audio signal into JRiver from an external source using an HDMI input.
Windows 10 Enterprise on Samsung SSD
16GB RAM
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (3.30GHZ)
GeForce NVIDA 1650 SUPER 4GB Video Card
Seagate EXOS 16TB Enterprise Drive for Movies
Pioneer Internal Blu Ray Burner/Drive
Exasound e28 DAC / ASIO Soundcard
Pages: [1]   Go Up