INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Berkeley Audio USB and Audio DAC Media Center 19 OS X  (Read 2188 times)

AugieJoe

Berkeley Audio USB and Audio DAC Media Center 19 OS X
« on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »

Is there any info posted on configuring MC 19 on a Mac Mini running OS X Mavericks to work with a Berkeley Audio Alpha USB and Alpha DAC?

astrotoy

• Recent member
Re: Berkeley Audio USB and Audio DAC Media Center 19 OS X
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:14:32 pm »

I set up my BADA2 with USB with JRMC19 this weekend. Never used JR before. Nothing that I could find written. However, I went to Tools, Options, Audio and just picked out the BADA2. The only issue was on Output settings under Audio. For the DSD conversion, choose none. In the next box for greater than 192K to convert to 176K, rather than none. This allows DSD files to be converted to PCM to play on the BADA2. That was all. You can fiddle with fading in and out and gapless, etc. but that is for personal preference, not needed for the BADA2.

BTW, with no write up, I called my consultant who works with JR on both the Mac and PC and uses a BADA2 with USB. He showed me where to go in the menu.

This weekend I also switched to Mavericks from Mountain Lion (or whatever the previous version is called). No problems with the BADA2. I also have an Exasound E28 for multichannel files and I needed a driver for Mavericks to work.

Hope this helps.

AugieJoe

Re: Berkeley Audio USB and Audio DAC Media Center 19 OS X
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:06:16 am »

Your answer was EXTREMELY helpful.
Many thanks.
AugieJoe
Pages: [1]   Go Up