INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with JRMC19 Mac  (Read 2642 times)

DZetye

• Recent member
Help needed with JRMC19 Mac
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:06:07 pm »

I am seeking help for tagging my tracks.  I did an auto-import of hires material (3 TB) and ended up with only a small portion of the tags correct.  I have roughly about 8,000 tracks unassigned and mixed up with each other missing key tagging information.  HWhat is the best way to organize the 8,000 tracks and get them tagged properly without doing them one at a time?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Help needed with JRMC19 Mac
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »

What type of files?

Were the tracks correctly organized in other software?

Are the file paths and file names useful for grabbing album, artist, track # and track name?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »

These files are DSD and high res PCM from HD Tracks and ripped from SACDs

The tracks are correctly organized on the hard drive.

Yes, the file paths and file names are accurate for grabbing album, artist, trac# and track name

MrC

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »

Great.

In that case, select the files for an album and use the Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename tool to grab Album, Artist, Track # and Name for all tracks.  Select the tracks, right-click and use the tool.  Once you see how to construct your template for your paths/filenames, and feel confident in the tool, you can select as many tracks as you need.

Welcome.

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 05:37:25 pm »

I am having trouble constructing a template for tagging details.  Is there any help available in regards to the template construction.  I checked the help menu but not enough help was found.  Thanks

MrC

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 09:18:27 pm »

Show a couple sample full paths w/filenames.

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 02:16:30 am »

/Volumes/DougZ Classical HR/Bruckner-Symphony (SACD DSD DFF)-Sakurig &Royal Stockholm PO/01-1st movement.dff

/Volumes/DougZ Classical HR/Beethoven-Violin Sonata(SACD DSD DFF)-Steinbrook & Stark/01-Allegro.dff

Thank you very much for helping me MrC.  I showed 2 examples above.  If you need more I can provide.  I really appreciate the help.  You are saving me hours and hours of work.
Doug

MrC

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 11:55:05 am »

You're welcome.

Here's an example of how to grab the fields.  I'm also presuming to grab the Genre and Composer, but you can ignore those or change them to other fields.  The idea here is to show you have to use the template system.

Template:
Directories: DougZ [Genre] [Notes]/[Composer]-[Album]-[Artist]/
Filename:   [Track #]-[Name]

Attached is a screenshot.  Note that the preview only shows 5 fields by default, until you tooltip over an individual preview, which is what I did for the screenshot.

Since part of your path contains the Genre, I used it, and placed the HR format into Notes (I would create a custom user field called Format and use it instead of Notes, or if you don't want it assigned, just repalce [Notes] with HR).  And for your Artist, you may want [Orchestra] or some other field.

The key to creating templates in this tool is to verbatim place text that matches, and everything else is a field reference.  MC will use the verbatim text as a guide for positioning the matches into fields.

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

MrC

That worked great.  Saved me hours of work.  Thank you.  Only thing is now the way the information is in the title fields doesn't allow me to find images when I try to get the cover art.  Any ideas for that?  Other than that, I am extremely happy with the results.  Thank you again
Doug

MrC

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 02:44:58 pm »

Cover Art look-ups require pretty close to, or exact, album name and artist matches.  So your extra info "(SACD DSD DFF)" is certainly one confounding factor.  Another may be that Classical can be very tricky, since each user has his/her own ideas of how to populate Artist and Album (let alone Composer, Orchestra, etc.), so artwork submission relies on how others have tagged and submitted.

I can help you strip (and store) the extra info from your album names; maybe then you'll get matches.

Alternatively, I've just added the ability to grab artwork from Discogs, given a Discogs release ID, in my discogs.pl script (3rd party tools forum).  This might be useful, as would be Google Images.

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 03:05:55 pm »

MrC

How would I use Discogs and 3rd party tools?  Any examples you can provide?  Thank you for your patience and understanding.  I appreciate it.  If you need any files let me know and i will provide them to you for your help if that is OK

Doug

MrC

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 06:05:42 pm »

No files needed, as only the metadata is necessary to do look-ups.

You're on a Mac, and I don't know which tools are useful for album art downloads (outside of iTunes and scripts for iTunes).

Beyond MC's Cover Art > Get From Internet..., you can use MC's Links feature.  Select the album's tracks, and the click the Images link in the upper right (to the right of the tabs).  This will take you to Google Images, using the Artist as a search.  But some of us find Artist too wide a search, and modify the link to include Album.  For more info on modifying Links, or adding your own links to other artwork sites (such as AlbumArtExchange), see:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83371.0

So long as you can find artwork on the net, you can paste its URL (or image) via MC's Cover Art > Paste From Clipboard (Image or URL).

I have not released the update to my discogs script that downloads cover art for a release.  Since this artwork is available for viewing on the Discogs site, unless you are wanting to download all the cover art available, there may not be much benefit over just copying the URL (from your browser, Copy Image Link) and Pasting to MC (Cover Art > Paste From Clipboard (Image or URL).  If you had a bunch of albums already populated with the Discogs Release ID, then you could grab artwork quickly for all such albums.  But you should familiar yourself with the script and usage first, to see if it is something you care to use.  If you want the image downloading, I'm happy to post an update.

Note: when you have the choice of copying the image itself, or a link to the image, copy and paste the link, because you'll get higher quality artwork (this avoids format conversion to/from the clipboard).

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »

OK, thanks for the detailed reply.  I will try to see what I can lookup for artwork using those methods.  As you can probably tell, I am a new user to both MC and Macbook but you have taught me a lot and I really appreciate it.  I will reply back in a few days and let you know how it works out as I still have some missing tags to finish up first before I do the artwork.  Thank you again MrC and have a good night.

Doug

MrC

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:11 pm »

You're welcome.  Have fun!

DZetye

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 05:45:01 pm »

MrC thanks for your help.  I am finding most of the artwork I need and the organization is in much better order for me.  Again, I appreciate the help.
Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up