INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ceton InfiniTV and Echo  (Read 3063 times)

blampo

Ceton InfiniTV and Echo
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »

I am currently using windows 7 and windows media center with the ceton infinitv 4 and two ceton echo extenders.  I would like to switch to JRiver.  Will my ceton devices still work as they do now?  Would I get all of the channels That my package provides?  Would windows media center run in the background?  If not is there any way to use JRiver for everything but live tv/dvr and continue using wmc just for that.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Ceton InfiniTV and Echo
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »

Please read this thread for MC's support of CableCARD tuners.

To summarize:

1. Ceton InfiniTV 4 is supported for all copy-free channels.  Premium channels are not supported.
2. We have not tested Echo extender, so I do not know whether it will work.
3. When using the tuner inside MC, Windows Media Center does not run in the background.  JRiver MC is completely independent of WMC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

blampo

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:26:03 pm »

Since windows media center does support premium channels and the echo extender can I run both programs.  Is there a way for me to set this up.  I need my ceton devices to work but also the multi zone audio ability of JRiver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:42:53 am »

You can run both MC and WMC.  Just do not use the TV tuners in both simultaneously.  MC will not mess with a tuner that is being used by other applications, but WMC will, unless you specifically tell it to never use a certain tuner.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dintymoore2003

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »

I am currently using windows 7 and windows media center with the ceton infinitv 4 and two ceton echo extenders.  I would like to switch to JRiver.  Will my ceton devices still work as they do now?  Would I get all of the channels That my package provides?  Would windows media center run in the background?  If not is there any way to use JRiver for everything but live tv/dvr and continue using wmc just for that.

Hi, did you ever switch to JRiver?  If so, how did it work out with the Ceton tuner and echos?
Pages: [1]   Go Up