INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and Importing  (Read 1038 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
MC and Importing
« on: February 03, 2014, 07:56:44 pm »

Thanks C, is there a way to send downloadable hi Rez files directly from to an MC folder ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
MC and Importing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 08:00:17 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "send".  Do you mean, can MC import* your HiRez material? 

* And import just means make a reference inside MC's library containing the metadata about the file and a pointer to it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tasar

• World Citizen
MC and Importing
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:28:24 pm »

I see MCs "import" is multifunctional. Just wondered, if there's a way while downloading files to have them sent directly to say an "MC" folder within Finder ? I do see these venues, such as HD Tracks create their own folders, just thought there may be another way. Anyway, if you accume files for a certain artist and import them at various times  from the same folder, does MC have a method to discriminate duplicates and such ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
MC and Importing
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »

Any files you place under an auto-import directory will be imported by MC the next time auto-import runs (and this is automatic), or whenever you run Run Auto-Import Now.

And files you place under any other directory, but manually import, will be imported into MC.

MC will not keep reimporting the same exact file, and "file" means a file path within the system.  So if you place a file X and a copy of file X called Y into a folder F, MC will import .../F/X and .../F/Y.  It does not detect that Y happens to be a copy of X.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up