INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kindle Fire/Gizmo  (Read 2525 times)

robbie burns

• Recent member
Kindle Fire/Gizmo
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:57:12 pm »

I have a question my wife is disabled and uses a has a kindle almost non stop, she read books like i listen to music!!.

She has been considering buying a tablet and like the look of the Kindle Fire HD (purely from the book reading point of view) plus the bonus of internet access which would allow her to do away with her Dell note book.

At the same time Im looking at purchasing a tablet to use as a controller in our main listening area purely for music only.

Now i know that gizmo work really nicely on a tablet as ive literally just seen this at a friends home this evening and was very impressed, but im not sure whether you can use gizmo on the kindle fire can anyone confirm if this is possible?

Thanks in anticipation.

SeldomSeen

• Recent member
Re: Kindle Fire/Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:41 am »

Gizmo does not appear to be available from the Amazon App store like it is in the Google Play store, unfortunately.

A few months ago I would have suggested just getting a standard Android tablet, Galaxy Tap, Nexus, etc. and using the Amazon Kindle app on it for reading.  Amazon seems to have broken that app and it has tons of problems (I have a rooted original Kindle Fire running Android jelly bean that worked great with the Amazon Kindle app for reading but it crashes on loading every time now).  I have a Kindle Fire HD that I was planning to install standard android on  as well but have left it alone and really just use it for reading.

So, kind of a tough spot. 

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Kindle Fire/Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 09:37:00 am »

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Gizmo
Check here - it works fine on Kindles
Pages: [1]   Go Up