INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Unassigned all of a sudden?  (Read 1469 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Why Unassigned all of a sudden?
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:14:26 pm »

I've been recording 8-10 TV series over the past month successfully. They are all in their own folders in theater view. But the last several days several are all of a sudden appearing in a folder named unassigned. I cant think of anything I've changed.

I also recorded the new Hawkings Bio on PBS and that non-series show also ended up in the inassigned folder.

I tried right clicking and choosing get movie & TV info.....but it said what i selected didn't qualify, or sonething like that.

Any ideas of how i can correct whatever is wrong? Also, how do i get these unassigned shows in their proper folders?!

Thx

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Why Unassigned all of a sudden?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:50:26 pm »

The "Unassigned" category is used when there are no values for a given field or category.  What you are calling "folders" are just groupings, and the groupings are controlled by the view's definitions.  So we'll need more information about which view you're using (Theater View, Standard View), and where you are in those views.

It will also help if you go into the Video > Files view in Standard View, and select a couple of the files that are being grouped under Unassigned, and use File > Export Playlist.  Select:

Format: Text File (CSV delimited)
   Included Fields: All Fields
   Output Range: Selection

Save it to the Desktop, zip it, and attach it in a reply here.  This will help us help you.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

Thx for replying Mrc. I will follow your suggestions tomorrow nite and post results.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:17:54 pm »

here is a file as suggested. hope i did it right.

you know, i just realized i hace 2 instances of unassigned groupings: 1 is a grouping alongside all othe tv sereies groupings. the other is a couple occassions of a grouping "inside" a TV show grouping.Dont understand either!

thx Mrc

MrC

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 08:35:17 pm »

I only looked at the first two files (next time, you can select all the videos you want, and export a single time to a single .csv file).

I assume you're referring to the location in Theater View of Video > Shows > Series.

Both entries are Series: House, each with their own Name (Fidelity and 97 Seconds), Media Type and Media Sub Type are correct, so these should show up under TV Shows under Video.  And since there is a Series, the series of House should be there.  However, they do not have Season values, so when you drill down to Season, you'll see Unassigned.  Add Season numbers back to your episodes.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

Unsure of what season these episodes are I guess I can simply enter anything...one of the existing season groups. But is there a way to somehow automatically scan to enter missing info?

Also, why do some recordings have all of this info and others don't? Just wondering if theres a setting or something i should set/do.

Thanks.

MrC

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »

I'm guessing you accidentally deleted the Season value for all these, perhaps in a standard view.

Your library backups may have some of the values.  Your file names don't contain the season number, so those are no help.  I don't know of any other way to get the values.
Pages: [1]   Go Up