INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Living with Pure Music  (Read 1090 times)

PhilD

• Recent member
Living with Pure Music
« on: February 06, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

To save disk space, I would like to use the same folder I keep my .flac files that Pure Music uses for iTunes but MC19 is also reading the PureMusicBookmark file (.pmbmf) and I end up with multiple entries in the MC library (.m4a entries).  The .pmbmf entry won't play, of course, but it makes a mess of the library.  Anyway to get MC to ignore the .pmbmf files when adding to the library?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Living with Pure Music
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »

Interesting.  I don't see the pmbmf suffix in the FileAssociations.xml, so wouldn't expect this file to be included.  It may be that the file association mechanism has be modified in some way as to allow this file type, and perhaps others, be imported, since things are handled differently on the Mac.

JohnT would have to add comments.

I don't know of any way to exclude files by pattern in MC.  You might try disabling all Playlist, Data, and Other ypes for the path under Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Living with Pure Music
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 04:21:25 pm »

I'm guessing - and this is pure speculation from never having used the product, but Pure Music might be converting from FLAC to ALAC for iTunes to be able to play the files, as iTunes lacks native FLAC support.
Media Center is then probably auto-importing these temporary M4A files. I doubt it has anything to do with the PureMusicBookmark file.

One way to solve this would be to have Media Center convert your FLAC files to ALAC (M4A) so that iTunes can read them directly without needing PureMusic - though I'm not sure why you're playing files in iTunes at all if you have Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up