INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Move Playlists from Old Mac Mini to New Mac Mini  (Read 1578 times)

astrotoy

• Recent member
How to Move Playlists from Old Mac Mini to New Mac Mini
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:18 pm »

I just bought a new more powerful Mac Mini. The Apple Store transferred the files from my old Mac Mini to the new one. I was able to install JRMC19 in the new Mac Mini. However, it does not show any of my old playlists (which I spent a lot of time importing!). All my old drives are connecting properly with their correct names, so all my music is in the new MM.  I see in the JRiver folder a subfolder called Library Backups. I clicked on the most recent one and it expanded. But nothing shows up in my JRMC19  in terms of my old playlists.  Help please.  Thanks.  Larry

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to Move Playlists from Old Mac Mini to New Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 04:02:45 am »

Did the iTunes store also transfer your Media Center library backups?  If so, you can File > Library > Restore Library from an MC library backup and your playlists should be restored too.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

astrotoy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:59:56 pm »

Thanks, I checked iTunes and Library and there is no option to Restore. I didn't use iTunes to create the playlists originally. I used JRMC19 and the import function to create the playlists. I don't use iTunes. Is there any path to restore?  Thanks, Larry

MrC

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

I was pretty sure you were asking about the iTunes-generated playlists you had previously imported into MC, and wanted those restored on your new system, so I'm entirely confused about why you're looking in iTunes for these.

If you imported them into MC, the MC library backups that were on the old system should have them.

astrotoy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:13:27 pm »

Hi, Thanks. I didn't use iTunes to create the playlists for JRMC19. I just used the import feature for each playlist. I see that there are backup files in the JRiver folder. The hierarchy is JRiver, Media Center 19, Library Backups. I see a Library backup with the date that should be correct. It is a zip file that expanded when I double clicked it. However, there is no restore function that I can find.  Right now JRMC19 does not see any of the old playlists that I created. So I am stuck. I hope that makes things clear.

Thanks, Larry

MrC

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 07:24:27 pm »

In Media Center:

File > Library > Restore Library...

Select one of those Zip files.

astrotoy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »

Thanks, MrC. Everything has been restored.   Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up