INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On the Edge  (Read 1351 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
On the Edge
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:34 am »

I'm reading Brookes caringbridge posts every day and am really pleased to hear the progress Matt is making.
The posts reminds me of a book I read a while back 'On the edge' by Richard Hammond and his wife Mindy.

Richard Hammond I'm sure most people would know? is a BBC presenter for the motor show Top Gear.  I'm not sure how much that's shown over in the US.
Anyhow back in 2006 he was doing a video shoot which involved him testing out a single seater jet propelled car, unfortunately something went horribly wrong a tire blew out and the car flipped in the air whilst trying to break a 300 mph land speed record.  Richard Survived but had a brain injury which took some time to heal.
The book goes into both how Richard ended up getting into the seat in the first place, through the accident and then through to Mindy's account of how the family coped with the events that followed.  A year later Richard was able to return to the show following a pretty miraculous recovery.

I just thought I'd mention it - it's quite a good read.

Hoping Matt gets his voice back soon!

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
Re: On the Edge
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:50:09 pm »

I'm not sure how much that's shown over in the US.

Yes, they had a US "version", horrible IMO, as we prefer the UK episodes.  I say "we" as hopeless (and sadistic) Land Rover enthusiasts here in the states.  The story of Richard is well-known amongst the enthusiast community, and in a general sense, is yet another amazing example of how adaptable and resilient the human brain really is. 
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: On the Edge
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07:04 am »

You want bad, see the Aust Version!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up