INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding the right movie info using IMDB  (Read 1411 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Finding the right movie info using IMDB
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:46:35 am »

I have several movies which are erroneously tagged. MC19 cannot find the right info anywhere, but I do have the right IMDB ttxxxxxx number. Is there any way I can use this to force MC to read the correct data? I tried entering it in stead of the title but that does not work.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Finding the right movie info using IMDB
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:13:23 am »

Media Center uses TMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and Wikipedia as sources.
If you select one file at a time and use the "Get Movie & TV Info" option, you should be able to select the correct film.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:34:54 am »

I did not know that MC does not use the IMDB, because whenever I do manual searches, as you suggested, it is usually the IMDB info that is listed at the top. Moreover, there is a field in the MC database that is populated with the IMDB number. Hence my question. And, yes, I do use the manual search option, but it doesn't find the right movie, but I can find the right one in the IMDB in my browser and I can make a note of the number but how do I make use of that?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:59:32 am »

One thing to check is that the media sub-type is tagged as Movie.

After that step, what I do is check on TMDB and make sure that the Name tags as a match. Then a quick get Movie & TV Info and that's usually it ..  8)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 10:33:42 am »

It is TMDb that you are seeing not IMDb
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up