INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transfer files from gizmo to tablet via home network?  (Read 1268 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
transfer files from gizmo to tablet via home network?
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:39:18 pm »

bought a tablet for family member, and ran into a hiccup.

is there anyway from a tablet via gizmo to access the jriver library and transfer files from the library to the tablet?

We are on a residential line here via century link, and century link only offers 250GB a month. is there a way for us to have gizmo on tablet connect to jriver library, then chose to download specific video files right to the tablet so that we can leave home network and then be able to view those files on the tablet elsewhere?

thanks.

P.S. let's just assume there in no windows pc available and standard view is not an option. is there a workaround thats simple for tablet users?
could this be implemented if not available now?

connersw

Re: Re: transfer files from gizmo to tablet via home network?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »

You cannot download via Gizmo. There may be a work around via WebGizmo, but I do not know it.  The easiest way would be to connect to a PC via USB and use the Handheld function.  If that is not an option, you could use BubbleUPnP (there is a long tap download option).  You'll need to be on the same network as MC or else work out the authentication issues.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: transfer files from gizmo to tablet via home network?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »

Gizmo has a cache if you have the most recent build.  It will download up to a limit you can set.  So, if you were on a LAN when you started, Gizmo would load the cache and continue playing from it when you're out of range.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: transfer files from gizmo to tablet via home network?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »

perhaps cache could be made into a command? don't watch now, but download to cache/device? then instead of loading a library, we could chose to load cache upon startup?

Pages: [1]   Go Up