INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor, Audio often pauses between tracks.  (Read 1265 times)

Arcturus

• World Citizen
Play Doctor, Audio often pauses between tracks.
« on: February 09, 2014, 05:23:13 am »

Recently discovered play doctor, Love it. I am quite amazed at how well it nails the style of the track I started from.

I have one issue with it however, Normally if I cue an album or a playlist or even highly rated so on it is able to mix between tracks seamlessly but when I use play doctor more often then not instead of fading into the next song there is a very short (maybe a quarter of a second) where the audio halts for a instant and then the next track starts to fade in.

I tried playing files from memory instead of directly and it was the same. I got pretty good system specs, Quad-core i7, 24gb ram,770gtx, Z77 Saber-tooth mobo, Not a slouch by any means.

I am guessing it might have to do with the difference in bit rates or perhaps formats? For the most part my audio files are FLAC or 320kbps mp3 with some VB0 mixed in. Have over 50,000 files in my library.  Usually have a visualizer like AEON,Whitecap or G-Force running though turning those off did not seem to make a difference.

So if anyone has some magical settings to prevent this from happening I would much appreciate it :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play Doctor, Audio often pauses between tracks.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:27:10 am »

If you think your sound device is having trouble switching sample rates, you can force everything to the same sample rate in DSP Studio/Output Settings. 

An antivirus program could do that.  It should not be set to check media files every time they are opened.

Check your settings for track transitions.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:48:41 am »

I have a zone set up for play doctor which upsamples everything to 192kHz.
Even the quickest DACs take some amount of time to switch sample rates.
This is fine when you're playing albums back-to-back, but not when you're playing a random playlist like this.

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »

@JimH
Only AV app I use is MSE, Only get this issue with Playdoctor so I am guessing its the varying sample rates on the random playlist.

Would putting a bigger pre-buffer help? It's not a very long pause maybe less then a quarter of a second, Just enough to annoy me.

EDIT. Added mp3,m4a,flac,mkv to exceptions list in MSE. Hope that helps.

EDIT 2. FYI adding those files to exceptions did the trick. No more audio stops between tracks. Tested the hell out of it. So thanks JIMH. Songs now seamlessly transition into each other, And I got a really long crossfade set like 12 seconds.

I never would have thought to check there for the issue, Was easy to add those exceptions and now the problem is totally gone. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up