INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixed media playback - play images & video together, in order of date/time taken  (Read 842 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen

Hey guys

I have a library with a mixture of images (photos) and videos that are sorted by date (date taken).
I'm struggling to figure out how to play the images and the videos together in the order they were taken.

When I start playing the images (photos), it plays through all the images but skips the videos.
When I start playing on of the videos, it plays through all the videos but skips the images.
Can anyone suggest how I can play both the images and videos in the order taken?
I would prefer not to go through all the images and then have to watch all the videos separately from the beginning.

For example, play the files in the following order (images and videos):
1) Image 1 (1:00PM)
2) Image 2 (1:01PM)
3) Video 1 (1:02PM)
4) Image 3 (1:03PM)
5) Video 2 (1:04PM)
6) Image 4 (1:05PM)
7) Image 5 (1:06PM)

I've tried creating a playlist with images and photos mixed, but this doesnt seem to work either.

Thank you!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Play images and video in order of date/time
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

In version 18.0.171, there was this change:

18.0.171 (4/19/2013)

3. Changed: Playing an image from a mixed media type list will play only the images.

There was some discussion on the beta board about mixed-media playback, and it sort of died with no resolution.  There are technical issues involved with mixed media, and some usage inconsistencies.  Maybe someday this will get ironed out.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

chriswale

• World Citizen
Re: Play images and video in order of date/time
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 12:22:31 am »

Thanks MrC, I do hope that they integrate mixed media playback.  It's much better to go through a holiday album in the order that the photos and videos were taken!  Or at least have the option...

Pages: [1]   Go Up