INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display individual album covers of same artist along with others  (Read 882 times)

Lewin

• Recent member
Display individual album covers of same artist along with others
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:54:46 pm »

I'm new to JRiver, so this may be a question which has been asked before. I'd like the covers of artists with multiple albums to be displayed along with the album covers of other artists, instead of them just being piled up upon each other in a single position. I have then to click on the stack, to display them all. Is there an option to avoid this? I tried to search, but found nothing.  Thanks for an answer.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Display individual album covers of same artist along with others
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

Stacking occurs when a Category results in more than one item.  It sounds like you don't want an Artist category, but an Artist - Album category.

You can Customize the view in question, I'm guessing its the Audio > Artists view.  Customize the view, and look in the column under Show Categories In This Order.  You'll see Album Artist (auto) and Album.  You'll want a single combined category.  Select the Album Artist (auto) item, and click Edit.  Change the Type to Expression, and enter this expression:

[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]

and OK out of that dialog.  Now select Album under the category list, and press the Remove button.  OK your way out, and you should have what you want.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:32:02 am »

Thanks for your very quick answer, excellent support! And your suggestion really worked. I can now even choose which view I want. I would never have found this by myself.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:34 am »

You're welcome.

Someday, when you're ready to dive-in, here's a good tutorial:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up