INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using a Portable Hard Drive for Music Files  (Read 919 times)

cfreiman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Using a Portable Hard Drive for Music Files
« on: February 24, 2003, 08:59:35 am »

I recently moved all of my music from my company's server to my personal portable plug and play hard drive. I know there are two ways to get access to my music files now that I've moved them. Could you please tell me:

(a) How to redirect the path under file properties all at once for all of my music files

(b) Why when I create a new library and direct the new library's file path to the portable hard drive it is not recognizing the files until I do a search and import new music? Can't I just "point it" to the portable hard drive and play music from there? I don't want to "import new music " every time I plug the portable hard drive in or it loses all of my organization lists.

(c) When I did do import new music, it only imports the song name, not artist, song, and CD, like it used to.

Thank you!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using a Portable Hard Drive for Music Files
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 04:02:23 am »

cfreiman,

In regards to (a), there is not an easy way to do this with MJ 8. MC 9  provides an easy way to find and replace the path drive letter.

In regards to (b), you can right click and play music from your removable drive under CD, DVD and Handhelds, but if you want full access to the files, you will need to import them into the library.

I am not sure about (c), when you import all tagging information should enter into MJ. It does when I test it here.

Steve

If you are looking for the ability to find and replace the naming of the files that are already imported, you can do this with MC 9.
Pages: [1]   Go Up