INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with playing radio stations  (Read 3270 times)

xtaljo

• Recent member
Problem with playing radio stations
« on: February 12, 2014, 07:14:31 am »

Hi,

I have JRMC19 installed and woking fine for playing audio library files.  I have AudioMidi set up to play through the USB port into an Audiolab DAC etc.

When I select BBCRadio3 via Connected Media > PublicRadioFan I get an error msg which reads ‘something wrong with playback’.

A I have something unselected i suspect but I can’t figure what it is.

Help gratefully received.

xxxxnot is.

media > Radx

chf

• Recent member
Re: Problem with playing radio stations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:16:12 am »

Hi,
Have you tried to play a radio stream directly with this method?:
http://unhindered.com/blog/category/technology/

/Charles

xtaljo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:53 pm »

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the suggestion but that does not work either.  No error msgs. just a window asking if I want to stream I click OK then nothing.  All continues to work OK for playback of library files.   Radio streams OK if I type URL for BBCRadio3 in Safari browser (on a Mac Air).
I am puzzled.  I'm beginning to wonder if radio streaming works at all on this version of MC (19).

John

JohnAV

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »

Hmmm, I just pasted a URL for example http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=175821 into the Open Streaming file dialog and its playing OK using 19.0.103 via rMBP running OS X 10.9.1.  You get a spinning wheel as its trying to connect to the stream.  If you switch from one stream to another it can some takes a bit of time.   Source of internet radio URLs can be http://www.shoutcast.com for example.

chf

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:22:32 pm »

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the suggestion but that does not work either.  No error msgs. just a window asking if I want to stream I click OK then nothing.  All continues to work OK for playback of library files.   Radio streams OK if I type URL for BBCRadio3 in Safari browser (on a Mac Air).
I am puzzled.  I'm beginning to wonder if radio streaming works at all on this version of MC (19).

John

Hi John, I also use MC19 and I can confirm that streaming works as I use radio streaming using the same method that I referenced above.
Something else must be wrong... Did you try different stations?
/Charles

xtaljo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 10:45:07 am »

Thanks for those replies.  I can play many, but not all, of the stations on shoutcast through JRMC19mac but it doesn't offer BBC stations as far as I can see.   The future of shoutcast seems uncertain apparently.  It remains a puzzle  that I can play stations through Safari by entering their URLs but not through MC.  In fact the paste (URL) function doesn't work with my installation of MC so I have to insert URLs by hand.  I wonder if that provides a clue.

Yahooboy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 04:07:48 pm »

Having similar problems and then not.

No problems streaming radio from playlist generated in MC18. But can no longer stream to iPad (via JRemote)

Anyone had the problem and solved it
Pages: [1]   Go Up