INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move instead of copy tracks between playlists  (Read 771 times)

sicer

Move instead of copy tracks between playlists
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:11:18 am »

Hi everyone!

Just started using MC19 and it's nearly perfect audio player for me. I've been using winamp 2 & 3 for a looooong time and I would like to get the same playlist experience in MC (or nearly the same). I'm used to "move track" as the default action for drag&drop between playlists - in MC the default action is "copy track" (so it stays in both playlists). Have I missed this option in the preferences? Or maybe there is another way to set this up? Tried to search this forum but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move instead of copy tracks between playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:16:09 am »

I don't think there is a way, and I think it is intentional.  They actively try to make drag-and-drop operations, in most cases, to be non-destructive.  It is too easy (particularly on a trackpad) to do it accidentally.

Accidentally dragging a random selection of files from a playlist and dropping it (particularly if you aren't sure where you dropped it, which can happen) could be disastrous if you have a carefully crafted list.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move instead of copy tracks between playlists
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:08 am »

I should add...

Can you describe the workflow where you're using this?  It is likely that there is a better way to do what you're doing with static (manual) playlists, and you don't realize it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up