INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA server not showing up in JRemote  (Read 1416 times)

Boomzilla

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA server not showing up in JRemote
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:01:48 pm »

I did a search for this topic, found multiple threads, but can't figure out how to open the threads!  This board is NOT intuitive, IMHO.

Anyway, on to the problem:  This morning, my Oppo BDP-105 (connected by ethernet to the Windows 8 server computer) was seen by JRiver and by JRemote.  I unplugged the computer from the music system, set it on the kitchen table, and ripped CDs all day.  This evening, when I put the computer back on the music rack, the Oppo 105 is seen by JRiver software on the server computer, but now the JRiver software now wants to play all music to the computer speakers AND to the Oppo.  The JRemote application offers ONLY the options of "This Device" or "Player."  The latter causes my music to play on the computer speakers, but not on the Oppo.

Questions:

1.  How do I tell JRiver software on the server computer to stream ONLY to the Oppo - not to the Oppo and the computer's internal speakers?

2.  How do I get JRemote to recognize the Oppo again so that I can direct music there via DLNA?

3.  WHY DID THIS HAPPEN and how do I keep it from happening again?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA server not showing up in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »

Perhaps you linked the two zones by accident?
Try right-clicking on the icon under playing now (likely named link) and do "unlink"

Boomzilla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 07:51:37 pm »

Perhaps you linked the two zones by accident?  Try right-clicking on the icon under playing now (likely named link) and do "unlink"

Thanks, Bob - I'll do that.  Even if I unlink the two in the JRiver software on the server, why am I not seeing the Oppo (which the server recognizes as an option) on the JRemote software of my iPad?  I had it this morning - now it's gone...?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:49 pm »

I'm thinking that when they are linked together only one, in your case, the main player zone, shows up in JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up