INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get DLNA to work with my Yamaha RX-V2065  (Read 4388 times)

jeffla376

• Recent member
Can't get DLNA to work with my Yamaha RX-V2065
« on: February 14, 2014, 07:06:39 pm »

Hi,

I am trying out JRiver MediaCenter and am having issues making the DLNA work. I think I have it enabled but I cannot see it show up on my Receiver, which supports DLNA. The receiver is connected to the same network via ethernet.

I have attached a screenshot of my settings. Can someone suggest if I am doing something wrong?

Jeff

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can't get DLNA to work with my Yamaha RX-V2065
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 07:13:08 pm »

Does your Yamaha support DLNA push (where other controllers like MC can push music to the device)?  Maybe it just does Pull (where it asks for media from servers it discovers the network).

I tried to look at the manual for your device, but silly Yamaha wants me to register to download the PDF file.  Ridiculous.

If it does support push, then try disabling the Windows firewall temporarily to see if that helps.  Also see if the Yamaha can see MC.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »

I can only push to my Yamaha (not a V2065) when it (the Yamaha receiver) is set to the PC option of the net input.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:44 pm »

Can WMP see the Yamaha?  Not all devices send out announcements.  If this one doesn't, WMP nor MC will be able to see it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 12:09:30 am »

I can only push to my Yamaha (not a V2065) when it (the Yamaha receiver) is set to the PC option of the net input.

+1 : Just tested.  The Yamaha's broadcast on the NW all the time but you can only push to them when they are in the right "source", in this case "PC"

Here is a Pic where from Windows I could "see" the Yami's (I have 2), did a Right Click --> View device web page --> Navigated to the settings for the Main Zone on the Yami and selected the input as "PC" - MC could then happily play to it.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 12:11:21 am »

There is also an Yamaha Android (and I presume iOS) controller app in the play store.
JRiver CEO Elect

jeffla376

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:01 pm »

I don't see the Yamaha in WMP. I also do not see it in Windows 7 Explorer either so maybe it is because it is an older model. I did put the receiver in PC mode and found Plex DLNA which I also have running, but not JRiver.

I disabled the firewall altogether to see if that was the issue but it did not help (I use Norton).

Thanks,

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up