INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with MC 19 latest stable version  (Read 1469 times)

mike0zero

• Recent member
Issues with MC 19 latest stable version
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:02 am »

Hi

I have just purchased MC19, I am coming from XBMC primarily for the better video and audio experience.

I run HTPC with Haswell i7 4770 & 4600 integrated graphics with Windows 8.1 but have run into a number of problems.

1. When using Red October HQ on Blueray MKV, either bitstream or PCM audio is slightly out of sync, this is with or without re-clock - do a need separate graphics card, if so which one to maintain 23.976 refresh.

2. When I enable subtitles in either RED October std or HQ I get slight pause every time subtitle hits the screen, video is unwatchable

3. This is the biggest one - when I play an audio file MP3 it starts to play then the whole menu system locks up, audio file still playing but I cannot fast forward, go to next track etc, it will allow me to pause the track from keyboard and start again but thats it, I have to come out of program and re-start to get control (happens in both Navigation and Theatre view).

All above a little disappointing when XBMC is flawless, so have resorted to using that again in the meantime, but I just know that this piece of software will provide better video/ audio if I get it set up right.

If anyone could advise that would be great, key me know what info I need to paste.

Regards

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issues with MC 19 latest stable version
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:26:52 am »

1.  Try Videoclock in MC's settings.  Try turning on or off hardware acceleration.   Or use RO Std.

2.  May be a video driver problem.  RO Std might work.

3.  Bizarre.  Not normal.  Try another Theater View skin.

Antivirus programs have caused an unusual number of problems recently.  They should not be set to check media files.

Try 19.0.117 from the top of this board.

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:58:03 am »

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have tried everything what you have suggested and updated to LATEST VERSION 19.0.117 and noticed the following:

It seems to have fixed the issue I was having within audio section, it now lets me toggle to all settings.

It also seems to have fixed the delay in "out of sync" audio although the skipping with subtitles is still there both in Red October std and HQ.

I don't run any 3rd party anti virus other than windows 8 built in, but can this affect it also?

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:11:25 am »

Anything is possible.  Video driver is also possible.

Disable any Intel software that does anything to do with video.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:48:13 am »

I don't run any 3rd party anti virus other than windows 8 built in, but can this affect it also?

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Troubleshooting_Guide#Check_Your_Anti-Virus_or_Security_Software

For the subtitle problem:
What kind of subtitles is this problem occurring with (external srt, vobsub, etc)

Try seeing if there is an updated video driver and check its settings; it shouldn't do any processing as MC is taking care of that.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 12:08:24 pm »

A friendly suggestion to change the "Stable" auto-updates to 117 (if possible), as it will decrease the number of support queries.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 12:12:50 pm »

It was changed this morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up