INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting isn't saved for next session  (Read 877 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Setting isn't saved for next session
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:11:54 pm »

For the last 2-3 updates (including this one) the auto-update fails, giving a prompt about UAC. Only solution is to manually download it and install as admin. I'm on an administrator account (Win 8.0 x64)

Also, the perennially not working "keep using this answer..." still does not work.   ?

Windows 10 Pro x64

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »

Also, the perennially not working "keep using this answer..." still does not work.   ?
By design, this is a per-session preference. (it will prompt you again each time you quit and load up MC)

However, I only get that prompt when I hold down the CTRL key now - I'm directed to the video's page if I just click on a video link, even if I set MC to remember that I want to download videos automatically.

I think better behavior would be to have MC prompt the first time you watch a video, and if you ask MC to remember your preference, it would stick for good.
A preference in the Options window, and retaining the ability to hold down CTRL to be prompted for options would make this work.

And I just wanted to comment on the new refresh rate features - they seem like very nice usability improvements. (and thanks for the Windows 8 fix)

audioriver

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:01 pm »

Thanks 6233638, but I just don't get it. What does "keep using this answer" mean, if that answer is never used? Can a developer please explain? If this is only supposed to work "per session" (as it currently seems to, which makes absolutely no sense unless MC and the PC itself are always on, forever) then that's what the window should say.

Now, it's both wrong and annoying. Please make the preference stick for good. It actually currently does stick for good - though completely ignoring the user's set preference.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up