INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on WinRT?  (Read 2320 times)

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member
JRiver on WinRT?
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:57 pm »

Is there any chance that JRiver will be available on the Windows RT OS?  How much begging is required?   :)

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver on WinRT?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:52:45 pm »

I think they're a lot more focused on porting to OS X/Linux than WinRT.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 09:29:42 pm »

How much begging is required?   :)

My guess is that it would require a similar level of begging as I did to encourage an OSX port.

Meaning:

Years and years, repeatedly, with hard evidence to back it up (and a bunch of failures).

Especially since who knows if Microsoft is going to basically surrender on the whole Win32 replacement API thing.  Essentially, moving MC to RT would require the entire thing to be re-written (and it would be very challenging to do with the RT API), and, well... Sales just aren't there.  :-\
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 01:23:52 pm »

Honestly I dont thing a RT version makes sense, as in my opinion RT is a dead end, it will stay in a niche market, as not fully compatible, and will dissappear sooner or later.

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »

My guess is that it would require a similar level of begging as I did to encourage an OSX port.

Meaning:

Years and years, repeatedly, with hard evidence to back it up (and a bunch of failures).

Especially since who knows if Microsoft is going to basically surrender on the whole Win32 replacement API thing.  Essentially, moving MC to RT would require the entire thing to be re-written (and it would be very challenging to do with the RT API), and, well... Sales just aren't there.  :-\

Fair points, all.  Thanks for the input.  Yes, a MC app on Win RT seems unlikely.  A good remote app would certainly fill the bill, though.  Fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up