INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New library ... bug?  (Read 1047 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
New library ... bug?
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:44 am »

Hi,

I am running the latest version of MC19 (from a few days ago) under Windows 7 on a Macmini. When I tried to set up a new library last night it would not let me save it anywhere. I tried empty directories, the desktop, the server, you name, but the save option remained greyed out. Is this a bug or was it my doing?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New library ... bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:02:55 am »

Probably not a bug.  Were you running as a client of another copy of MC?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:25:00 am »

the server

What do you mean by this?  I think, maybe, this is why Jim was asking... It shouldn't matter what Library you have loaded currently (network or otherwise) when you add a new library, but you can only add local libraries (you can't add a Library to an existing server copy of MC from a client, you have to do that locally on the server itself).  Make sure you've chosen the Local Library radio button:

Also note that the directory you choose must be empty if you want MC to create a new one.  Usually the easiest way is to add a new folder from right in the directory browsing dialog, but it doesn't matter so long as the directory you choose is empty.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:52 pm »

No I was not running MC as a client, but was running iot on the machine on which it was installed. Yes Glynor, I was trying to set up a local library. I have just tried it again and this time it worked. I am using an empty dirtectory in the Users folder .. but that is what I tried last night as well. It's a mystery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up