INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cd ripping for Mac  (Read 3399 times)

Zane77

Cd ripping for Mac
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:58 pm »

I have a Mac mini with external hard drive that will hold my music files in FLAC format. I know MC will not yet rip on a Mac platform. My question is which ripper to use? XLD or could I use dbpoweramp on my windows PC to rip to the external drive and then connect it up to the Mac and use MC for playback and sorting the files? Will MC recognize the FLAC files on the external when I hook it up to the Mac. Just looking for the best options for converting to FLAC. I have over 600 cd's and would really like to do this just once. Thanks in advance.

azteca x

• Recent member
Re: Cd ripping for Mac
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:10:29 am »

XLD is very robust nowadays.  I use it all the time.  There is a very helpful guide to making accurate rips I use every time I need to install it again myself or for someone else.  It is from a private site so I think I will borrow some and make my own version.  Give me a day or two.
ExactAudioCopy (EAC) on Windows is a good option but frankly XLD is much more streamlined - it does things like detecting pre-gap and saving log and cue files automatically.

Zane77

Re: Cd ripping for Mac
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:48:05 am »

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to your additional comments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up