INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: slideshow with music via Renderer to AVR  (Read 1593 times)

hifi-freak

• Recent member
slideshow with music via Renderer to AVR
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:34:34 am »

Hi JRiver Team and all contributors  :)

I am still in Trial Phase of MC19 and Softaware is great.
I am using MC as control point to play media files from NAS to my Render Fantec 3DS4600 to AVR Onkyo which forwards  the Video signals to an “old” scart connected TV (that is the last bottleneck I am having). marginal note: Everything is connected with Ethernet cable except laptop (wireless).

I found an old post from ca. 2005 that a slideshow with background music can be done while starting first the music and starting secondly the pictures. This works great on my laptop.

But when I am doing the same and add the music to my Render in MC, music start to play via Render to AVR.  But when I then add the pictures to my Renderer, they will be added and slideshow starts after all music files played.

How can I tell MC to do a slideshow with music via Renderer to AVR?

Any idea or workaround is highly appreciated

Greetings from germany

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: slideshow with music via Renderer to AVR
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:30:23 am »

I don't think DLNA supports that.  Sorry.

hifi-freak

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 07:41:29 am »

Thx Jim,

that is what I thought too.

But nevertheless, any workarround? creating a kind of a playlist with pictures and music? Or any other starting point of an nasty solution?

Regards

connersw

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 07:46:35 am »

It may not work in push mode, but it may work with pull.  Depends on your Renderer, but it works on my TV and, if I remember correctly, with my old DirecTV box.  Use the renderer's on screen display to start the music, and then start the slide show.  Actually, if I remember right, with DirecTV, I could start with the Images, and then it would ask me if I wanted to add Audio.

hifi-freak

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:36 am »

Thx connersw,

yes my Renderer plays slideshow and I have the opportunity to go to menue to choose background music. BUT the issue is that I can only choose music files from an USB or esata device which is docked to the renderer. So I can't access my network (NAS) files via ethernet. And the other way round starting with music and adding a slideshow is not supported.

I will try this evening if renderer recognizes music files/play lists I will copy to the picture folders. Only to test. But this is not what I want as my slidshows are driven by keywords from pictures. And so the pictures are stored in dozens of folders.

So I will do it the old way. Slidshow started with Renderer to TV. Music comes from CD player. Or I will create with softare slidshow with music. Yeah, even the digital world is sub-optimal.

May be someone else has another nasty idea. I am willing to test  :D

PS: I thought I could trick the renderer and shift music with software to renderer and picture with another software to same renderer. Render does not support double streaming.
Another nasty idae was to shift music with software (not MC) direct to AVR NETwork channel and shift pictures with MC via renderer to AVR. But issue is that music arrives at AVR NETwork Channel and pictures arrives at an another AVR channel. And I can't get music and picture into one channel. It is similar that I need to decide what to do/hear/see with AVR: eg. CD or Radio.

Greetings from Germany

connersw

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 01:31:34 pm »

What Onkyo?  Sounds like it is a DMR as well?  If so, you have a couple options with some additional cables.

Connect the HDMI out of the Fantec directly to the TV and run an optical/toslink cable to the Onkyo for all your Audio.  Send the Images via DLNA to the Fantec and the Audio via DLNA to the Onkyo (as a different zone in MC).  You should be able to configure Optical In to whatever channel you would like on the Onkyo to free up your NET channel.

If you want to run most video through the Onkyo for some reason (not sure what sort of scaling it does or if you have other inputs), you could connect a composite video cable from the Fantec to the TV.  Again, send the Images to the Fantec (except with the TV input switched to Composite Video) and the Audio to the Onkyo (NET channel).  This will limit the resolution of the pictures you are sending though to 480i. 

EDIT: Just re-read that you are using a SCART cable to your TV so I'm guessing there is no HDMI in on that TV.  Does it at least have more than one input (maybe option 2 will still work)?  Dude, go buy a new TV or just a monitor--they are crazy cheap these days. 

hifi-freak

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 02:42:52 am »

Hi connersw,

thx so much for your expertise.

Agree, I will buy soon an new TV to get rid of Scart etc..; as mentioned, the old TV is the bottleneck in the whole HT

I have the same thinking. Therefore I connected 2 days ago the Fantec to Onkyo - besides it is an TX-NR807 - with an optical Toslink cable.

Now, you are bringing a new great idea into game. I will try next days when I have a bit more time (too much business yet  :-[ ) working with the mentioned zones in MC. So I will test zone functionality in MC and play with cable set up connections: HDMI versus optical + vieo composite.

Even this would result not in a final resolution of my problem, I really appreciate and love this forum. Because there are so many engaged experts and even nasty ideas/hints (may) spark the soultion.

Greetings from germany

connersw

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:21:43 am »

Natürlich
Pages: [1]   Go Up