INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote- screenshots please?  (Read 2699 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote- screenshots please?
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:55:48 pm »

Can someone post some screenshots of an iPhone jremote for navigating through movies titles in theater mode? What are the settings available? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote- screenshots please?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:00:08 pm »

Please use the JRemote thread on the Third Party board here.

Also their site is jremote.net

csimon

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »

Note that there's nothing to show if using Theater View!  JRemote in that mode behaves like a touch pad for cursor control, so there's basically nothing on the screen apart from a sqaure that represents the touch pad together with a few command buttons. Perhaps what you mean is what happens when you browse the movie menu on the iOS device itself rather than using Theater View on the TV?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:05:39 pm »

They have extensive screenshots on the site Jim referenced above.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »

Perhaps what you mean is what happens when you browse the movie menu on the iOS device itself rather than using Theater View on the TV?
I want to know if I am able to look at my iPhone/iPad screen and see all the movie thumpnails and when I scroll only iOS, it controls (also scroll) my jriver movies in theater mode. Can I type to search for a movie on jremote and then hit play to play the movie on my HTPC?

csimon

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:22 pm »

Yes, what you get on the screen is a typical media player interface, similar to MC front-end, you will get thumbnails of albums, movies etc and you can play them and they will play on your MC PC or in any zone that MC can see. It doesn't matter whether you're in Standard View or Theater View.  It is a remote control for MC.  There is a "remote touch pad" mode as I've indicated which is intended for Theater View mainly and allows you to control the cursor on-screen if you want to use the Theater View interface on the TV to browse instead of the iOS device. Please look at the JRemote site as indicated above, the screenshots will tell you all you need to know.

When you browse items, you can actually select whether you want to view as text or as thumbnails, however there is a bug at the moment which means it auto-reverts to a text listing once you've drilled down into a movie folder and see a list of movies - this is the correct behaviour for music albums as you would want to see a textual listing of individual tracks rather than cover art, but it's wrong for video. However you can manually switch back if you want.

No, it doesn't scroll Theater View if you scroll the list on the iOS device, it doesn't mirror what you see on the TV and is independant. But you can, as I've mentioned, use the remote touch-pad facility to browse on the TV rather than the screen of the iOs device, it's like having an IR remote control.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up