INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony UDA-1  (Read 4151 times)

seantrow

• Recent member
Sony UDA-1
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »

Has anybody had any luck with the Sony UDA-1 on a mac?  I can't seem to get it to do DSD.  Is there specific support which would need to be added to MC?

(BTW all the PCM modes seem to work fine.)

Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sony UDA-1
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »

You might find something useful here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

seantrow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:11:04 am »

Thanks for the info.

I played with it a bit more this evening.  I have no trouble getting it to work from Windows, using the ASIO driver, basically using the default settings and turning DSD bit streaming on.  However, on the Mac I can't get it to work with a bitstreamed DSD signal. (It ends up sounding the same as if I configure ASIO with DoP - white noise with a very faint hint of the music buried in there somewhere.)

Is there any place in the Mac version I am missing where I can configure the bitstream similarly to the Windows ASIO driver? Or is this feature missing? (I apologize that I don't actually understand how MC is interfacing to the audio hardware so I probably am not asking the right question here.)

Sean

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 01:30:11 am »

I think the Mac version of Media Center only does DoP and not native DSD.
This may be a Mac limitation? I've seen a lot of DACs mention that they don't do native DSD on OS X.

seantrow

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »

Just to wrap this thread up - it appears that native DSD is not supported (yet?) on Mac, and the Sony doesn't do DoP.  So I sent it back and got a TEAC HA-501, which seems to work great.

Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up