INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android Gizmo connection problem.  (Read 1311 times)

xerxes

Android Gizmo connection problem.
« on: February 21, 2014, 06:13:26 am »

Hi,

I have Media Center 17 and have the latest version of Gizmo on my Android tablet. I have two PCs, one connected to the ADSL router/hub directly via an Ethernet cable and Gizmo works fine with MC on that PC. I also have another pc with a copy of MC which is connected to the ADSL router via Wi-Fi and I can't get Gizmo to connect to this PC, it makes several retry attempts, but to no avail.

Is there something I need to do differently on the Wi-Fi connected PC?

AudibleSounds

• Recent member
Re: Android Gizmo connection problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:48 pm »

If you are using two separate computers, then you need to change the port number of the one that isn't working and port forward the port in your router.  If it sounds intimidating, it really isn't.  Let me know if you need any help.  I am running three different setups and all work remotely, no matter where I am.

xerxes

Re: Android Gizmo connection problem.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:05:10 am »

Hi,

I previously had both computers connected to the router with an Ethernet cable and they both worked without any issues.

I did look at port forwarding, but the BT Homehub 3 seems to be non standard in this respect and I couldn't really figure it out. I have another router, so I may try setting that up and seeing if I get any further.
Pages: [1]   Go Up