INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade question-help  (Read 1057 times)

gchappel

• Recent member
Upgrade question-help
« on: February 21, 2014, 05:45:40 pm »

Old fart trying to play with digital audio.  I can roll tubes and set up a turntable with my eyes closed- computer stuff not so much.
I am presently running jriver 16 and am looking to upgrade to the newest version- 19.
I can follow instructions- but that is about it.  I fear most upgrades as it is never smooth and always changes one thing or another.
When I have computer support come over to help me out, they do not know these programs- so it takes them several hours to put things back together.
Is the  upgrade from 16-19 smooth?
Any hints?
Can I run 16 and 19 parallel- in other words run 16 separately from 19 until 19  is up and going?
Thanks in advance for any help
Gary

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrade question-help
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 05:55:39 pm »

I'll come back later with more, but...

Can I run 16 and 19 parallel- in other words run 16 separately from 19 until 19  is up and going?

Yes.

Basically.  Leave MC16 as it is.  But, before you do anything, make a Library Backup.  I'm not 100% sure of the procedure in MC16 anymore, but make a Library Backup.  Probably in the old Library Manager.

Then, install MC19.  It will set itself up separately.
Then, you can restore your Library Backup from MC16 into MC19 using the new Library Manager.

But, you can have different major versions of MC installed side-by-side way back to MC12 I think.  Certainly it will work fine with MC16.  You shouldn't run both at the same time, but you can have them both installed and use them independently.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up