Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA  (Read 1408 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
DLNA
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:06 am »

In my 'Playing Now' list, my TV listed. I am able to play music through my TV using this, but I am unable to stream my movies. I end up with this error:

How do I go about fixing this?

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Add or configure DLNA servers -> DLNA Servers -> Video

You'll need to set these settings to something that your TV will accept.  What those may be for your particular TV though is the hard part.  You can try checking the manual to see what formats it supports and then doing some trial and error.   It would be nice to have a DLNA Video "try this first" guide or some sort of trouble shooting tutorial. 

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Add or configure DLNA servers -> DLNA Servers -> Video

You'll need to set these settings to something that your TV will accept.  What those may be for your particular TV though is the hard part.  You can try checking the manual to see what it support and then doing some trial and error.   It would be nice to have a DLNA Video "try this first" guide or some sort of trouble shooting tutorial.  

Thanks.  :)

Got lucky 'for once'. I use a Sony TV, worked straight away.

Downside, PQ suffers quite a bit by the looks of things.

connersw

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:17 pm »

The conversion format/bandwidth settings are as follows:
Very high = 1080p
High = 720p
Medium = 480p
Low = 240p
DVD = 480/576

You may want to try taking whatever you got working up to the next level and see if it still plays, but provides a better picture. 

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:35:06 am »

The conversion format/bandwidth settings are as follows:
Very high = 1080p
High = 720p
Medium = 480p
Low = 240p
DVD = 480/576

You may want to try taking whatever you got working up to the next level and see if it still plays, but provides a better picture. 

Are these the settings within the 'Video/format:MPEG2/DVD/NTSC option?

connersw

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:24:42 am »

Those are the settings within all of the DLNA video conversion formats.  So for MPEG2/DVD/NTSC, you are getting 480/576 (probably 480i).

If that works, you may want to see if you can get one of the MPEG2-TS high bandwidth settings to work (try auto fps, normal, and PAL) to get to 720p.  If you can get one of those to work, then try it at very high bandwidth.  It takes a bit of trial and error; it depends on what your TV accepts as well as how much bandwidth you have (not sure if you are wired or using WiFi).

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 02:08:35 am »

Thanks for your help connersw. Looks like I am limited to just 480i.
Pages: [1]   Go Up