INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - Does it register a open url handle with iOS?  (Read 6889 times)

horse

• World Citizen
JRemote - Does it register a open url handle with iOS?
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:45 am »

I use RoomieRemote to automate my HT setup with some specific functions using MC's MCWS. However my main remote for the MC is using JRemote.
After selecting that I want to listen to music, I currently have to exit roomie on my iPad and switch to JRemote. Does JRemote have a handleOpenURL that would launch it from a url opened on the iPad like some other apps which launch when certain urls are opened? With Roomie I have the option to assign a url to a button which I could use to launch another app.

http://handleopenurl.com/

Now perfection would be if I could then have JRemote open a url handler at the touch of a button or switching to background and call Roomie !!!

Just asking as I searched and could not get any hits

Great application and while traveling over the holidays it always impresses people the ease of accessing music and being able to stream it from the house to the other side of the world!

horse

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote - Does it register a open url handle with iOS?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:54:13 pm »

LesPaul,

Thanks for answering in your main JRemote thread. I'm responding to this post to keep it separate.
After the Doh! moment and actually trying JRemote://  I can assign a button in Roomie Remote and it opens JRemote which is awesome!! Now if there was a way to switch back at the press of a button, that would make it very user friendly.

In a nutshell, I have replaced a coffee table of remote controls and a major headache knowing what to switch on and how to watch, listen and play to a Activity Driven Control on iOS. Allowing me to have technology and the wife to be able to use it when I'm not around.

More details on the use case:-

Setup
I have my MC19 server running on a Windows Server and attached to my living room Media system via SPDIF to a Denon 4806CI Receiver. I use Roomie Remote on iPad's and iTouch devices to wirelessly control all aspects of switching on the receiver, TV/Monitor, selecting inputs and controlling Roku, Plex Home Theater, VLC, FM Radio Tuner and of course MC 19.
I have basic controls set up using MCWS for Next/Previous track. Pause/Play and stop for the main zone.
Also buttons to play specific pre-defined playlists in MC for Internet Radio Stations, Airplay (using Loopback Interface) and my standard playlist selections.
For other zones in the house I have preset buttons for quick selection of playlists for another 4 zones.

This all works fine for preset listening and does not require the non technical user to exit RoomieRemote and run JRemote, HOWEVER it has very simplistic.

To make things more integrated (at least appear that way) I have added a JRemote button on my "Listen to music from MC" activity and it launches JRemote so I can select exactly what music from my library I want and manipulate the playlist to my hearts content.

Currently when I'm done and want to return to Roomie to I can control volume (using SPDIF so no volume control) and turn the system on and off or switch activity, I have to push the Home button and then relaunch Roomie Remote. Not a major deal, just two button pushes, but it would be really slick to have a button on the top of the JRemote screen that I could assign a URL,  such as roomie:// which would return me to the RoomieRemote Application exactly where I left off.

Then I have the very best of both worlds. Awesome Wireless control of MC 19 via JRemote and my media system in the rest of the house via Roomie Remote.

As an additional plus, if I could pass a "Zone Name" to JRemote in the URL, I could launch JRemote and switch zones without having to switch manually. That is only a bonus and only used if I happen to be roaming the house with my iPad. Each room has a least an iTouch for automation.

Maybe there is another way to switch from JRemote to Roomie instead of a button in JRemote (that could be enabled for those that want it) but that would work for me.

Thanks for a great application, use it when travelling, in the car as well as at home for remote control and streaming to the Garden / shed with a pair of powered speakers attached to the iTouch!

elee532

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:33:17 am »

After the Doh! moment and actually trying JRemote://  I can assign a button in Roomie Remote and it opens JRemote which is awesome!!

Could you walk me through the steps you used to configure this in Roomie?

Now if there was a way to switch back at the press of a button, that would make it very user friendly.

Did you ever figure out a way to accomplish this?

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 02:33:52 pm »

In RR you open the activity and enable edit for the design you want to add this button too.
Once you are in the "Edit Design"
Select the section you want the button to appear and use the "Add Button..."
In the "Choose Type" select "Button"
Add names, icons etc. as you wish, in the "Add Command..." section select "url"
edit the "URL" to be "jremote://" without the http://
set it to "open in safari"

save and test.
JRemote should launch when you touch the button. There is no way back, except to push the home button and launch RR again. It should be where you left off.

Hope that helps

elee532

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:17 pm »

Thank you!! Very helpful!

mmcdona6

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:50:42 am »

Also buttons to play specific pre-defined playlists in MC for Internet Radio Stations

I realise this is an old post and I hope you are still here.

Can you please tell me how you got Roomie remote to launch the MC playlists which you have set-up? Is there some way of finding out a URL for an MC playlist? I am not using Roomie, but another control system (RTI) and would like to have a button which automatically launches an internet radio station in MC. Thanks.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 11:48:03 am »

(complete rewrite as I was asleep when I wrote my first response )

In RR, now Simple Control I just assign a URL to a button that has the following MCWS command

http://192.168.1.20:1082/MCWS/V1/Playlist/Files?Action=Play&Playlist=Christian%5CChristian1&PlaylistType=Path&Shuffle=1&Zone=Christian's%20Bedroom&ZoneType=Name

Where 192.168.1.20:1082 is my server IP address and the custom port I use for MC.
Playlist includes path I.e. Christian/Christian1 where there is a folder of Christians playlists and Christian1 is the playlist name.
Zone is defined as I have many zones.

Is you point a browser at your MC server and the default port, browse to MCWS there's great API examples.

Let me know if that helps. Once you get one working you'll be building buttons all over the place :-)

mmcdona6

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 01:28:23 pm »

Thanks, that's very helpful. I'm new to JRiver, but love what I have seen so far.

I have actually made some progress and have formed the following URL to get my playlist playing.....

http://192.168.1.103:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID&Playlist=815070478&PlaylistType=ID

It works fine from a browser, but is not working when I send it from my RTI control system. I guess that I have an authentication problem, and I was wondering how you had managed to get around the JRiver authentication step?

Thanks again.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »

I didn't :-)

I believe you if you use a browser to authenticate using

http://<your server>:<your port>/MCWS/v1/Authenticate

It will return a token. that is then appended to the url such as

http://192.168.1.103:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID&Playlist=815070478&PlaylistType=ID&Token=<your returned token>

All a guess from : -

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Web_Service_Connection
Pages: [1]   Go Up