INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

New to JR, I want to create the highest quality audio CD's - Please Advise.

Settings
- 0 (0%)
suggestions
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Highest Quality audio CD's  (Read 898 times)

webbhq

• Recent member
Highest Quality audio CD's
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:47 am »

Hi I have been using Windows Media Player and have ripped my library of about 400 Cd's purchased over the years.  I rip and burn them in Wave lossless setting.  All the music is stored on a 2 Terabite external hard drive.
First, is Wave lossless the highest quality?  Is it more important the encoding or decoding as my burner might have been wearing out during a few of those processes. So is the possible weak link greater in the ripping or burning process.
I'm not happy with the old CD burner drive and wonder if you could recommend which brand, model will produce the highest quality audio sound.
I was told JR was better than Nero and will improve sound over the old Windows Media player.  Agree?
So far I am just learning the software, I'm having trouble with duplicate icons and separation of individual cuts off many of the compilation albums so I have 12 icons for every song off Grammy Award nominees for instance.  How can I consolidate those back into one album?
Finally how can I make sure that I am ripping and burning in WAVE (if that's the best) and should I still rip/burn using slower speed settings?  Thanks I appreciate it as this forum is the only way JR says I can get help.  I may be a dinosaur but simply want the best quality sound in Cd's for cars and my audiophile home sound system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Highest Quality audio CD's
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:44:15 am »

You've posted as a poll.  Please repost, using "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page.

WAV format isn't lossless.  It's similar to what is on the CD.  It isn't compressed at all, but that is no advantage over lossless.

Lossless refers to compressed formats like APE or FLAC.  They are better for tagging than WAV.

Ripping at slow speeds normally has no advantage.  Rip as fast as you can, unless you get errors.  Use "secure" mode.  It's slower but better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up