INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod Nano 5th Gen (MC040ZP) Syncs with MC19 but no content shows up  (Read 3276 times)

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion

Since I haven't had any luck syncing Android phones with MC19 I thought I'd give the iPod Nano 5th Gen a go, but that too fails in a different way.

1. In preparation I used the latest version of iTunes to Restore the iPod and verify the most recent firmware was installed.
2. I then initialised the iPod with MC19, which correctly identified the iPod
3. I then synced a single playlist, which completed without error
4. I then ejected the iPod, but there was no content to be found in any menu Artist/Album/Playlist etc
    In the iPod Settings/About it only shows content in "other" and none in "audio" (Windows Explorer can see and play content too, so it is there)
    On remounting the iPod in iTunes it too only sees "other" content which is not reachable or playable

It would seem whatever MC19 is doing in writing the iPod index/library files, they are unintelligible for the iPod and so no content can be played

5. On attempting re-sync the iPod in MC19, the usual Android sync problem rears its head where a bunch of tracks have a status of "Delete on Sync" with a others "In Queue" despite the fact nothing has changed. I know from experience this descends into endless looped hell so now I quit.

Before persevering, has anyone found any make/model of mp3 player that will properly and reliably sync with MC19?
The only reasonable success I have ever had was with an iPod Classic, even so that has to be eventually reset to eliminate orphan duplicates that appear to build up over time.

Alainternaute

• Recent member
Re: IPod Nano 5th Gen (MC040ZP) Syncs with MC19 but no content shows up
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:26:52 pm »

Me too  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up