INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.210 Beta Available...  (Read 5564 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.210 Beta Available...
« on: February 21, 2002, 12:46:31 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.210 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe
Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Generic CD burn library update fixes bug when cancelling a test write operation. Also some bug fixes for SCSI/USB drives.
2. NEW: Download Manager added "Download Now" function.
3. NEW: Added BuyButton locking to Download Manager.
4. NEW: Added new keywords to track info plug-in: TRACKINFO_INSERT_PN_POSITION and TRACKINFO_INSERT_PN_TRACKS
5. Fixed: Keyword TRACKINFO_INSERT_TRACKPATH did not work correctly.
6. Fixed: Install Wizard would not display file types supported by MJ.
7. Fixed: Applying Winamp skin while MJ is running in Mega-me mode would crash MJ.
8. Fixed: Downloading and Applying winamp skin would sometimes crash MJ.
9. Fixed: Metamorphis would put included visualization scripts in the old vis studio location.
10. Fixed: Auto expand branches did not work when item accessed using toolbar or menu.
11. NEW: Root level of Media Library now has Play and Send To Menu.
12. Fixed: FastForward and Rewind would not work for video files.
13. NEW: Added Year and FileDate fields to MPL file.
14. Fixed: A memory leak in the visualization engine.
15. Fixed: "Playing Now" database would not always save changes.
16. Fixed: Sound recorder needed to be rebuilt because of registration control changes. Was crashing.
17. Fixed: "Don't import short files" wasn't always working.
18. NEW: Added aspi file checking to system info.
19. NEW: Added ability for Hanheld Devices to reorder virtual files before upload.
20. Changed: Track Info plug-in was changed, now it uses MJ Automation Interface.
21. Fixed: Remove would not work in Top Hits and Recently Played playlists.
22. Fixed: Getting file info from CDDB would not work correctly.
23. Fixed: Passing mouse over settings button in player view would sometimes crash MJ.
24. Fixed: Some of the templates for Track Info did not have correct keywords for Costom fields.
25. NEW: Advanced tagging options for mp3 moved to mp3 plugin. (Plugin Manager -> Input -> MP3 -> Configure)
26. NEW: Added options when removing mp3 tags as to what types of tags to remove. (ID3v1, ID3v2, etc)
27. Changed: Showing file properties could be slow if your library had a lot of playlists.
28. Fixed: Media Jukebox wouldn't be happy if you renamed one file to have the same name as another already in the library.
29. NEW: Added toolbar button Artist Info, it displayes AllMusic artist info for selected track.
30. Fixed: Switch bar in display area did not show disabled buttons correctly.
31. Fixed: Metamorphis' REMAINING_TIME value would be set to Live when playback stopped.
32. Fixed: Metamorphis' time values would not be reset to 0 when playback stopped.
33. Fixed: When ripping CD with various artists MJ would try to get cover art for each track.
34. Fixed: Metamorphis' position slider would not return to start when playback stopped.
35. Fixed: In Export Playlist dialog Output Range and Included Fields groups worked as one.
36. Fixed: MJ was unable to get images and lyrics from files located on CD-R.
37. Changed: Default download location for Download Manager changed to "C:\Music\Download Manager"

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:MJ 8.0.210 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 01:09:25 pm »

Hi - the little pop up slider / selector thingy at the bottom of track info (I really like it BTW) pops up when the mouse is moved over the window even when MJ isn't the focus.
Namaste,
John

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 01:15:55 pm »

32. Fixed: Metamorphis' time values would not be reset to 0 when playback stopped.
still not fixed (Windows XP)

When clicking on Playlists, they expand, when clicking again, they collaps, when then clicking again, not possible anymore to expand unless you click somewhere else first (e.g. media library) and then go back
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Ilmar

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 01:28:40 pm »

Hi

I was about to post this when I saw the first reply! Coincidentally antithetically...

I hate the new slider! I would rather have to use 4 mouse clicks to go between one page and the other than locate the mouse on the partition and slide [Charlie Brown, slide]

If the split level windows must stay as it is, could we have on the task bar thingy an up down and middle button?

The full screen button does nothing for me, Matrox G400/LCD Panel/1024x768, the whole page goes mushy and out of focus, and Vis are still slow, jerky and out of focus..

Is it possible to reinstate the unlimited length Trackinfo page (i.e. have the scroll bar back)? If not I better get back to writing HTML again Next Page

The rest is still great and getting greater...

Ilmar

iofusion

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 01:35:40 pm »

When right clicking on the Visualization Windows, the sub menus are not expanding on mouse over, I have to click on them to open the sub-menus.  I miss the full sized internal Visualization Screen that was there a couple Betas back.

cjdshaw

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 01:44:59 pm »

Ilmar :
Are you sure Full screen is funning at 1024x768? It maybe defaulting to a lower resolution which your monitor is making blurry as it scales up. Try right clicking on a vis, doing Display Mode->Full Screen->Desktop resolution.
This won't help with jerkyness though.

cjdshaw

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 02:09:48 pm »

6. Fixed: Install Wizard would not display file types supported by MJ.
12. Fixed: FastForward and Rewind would not work for video files.
Excellent. Many thanks.

"Check for Updates" said "No updates available"

Bugs still there:
Focus problems:
Can't tab away from Search field in Media Library.
Keyboard focus is lost on return from full-screen mode.
When you edit Genre (or many other fields) in File Properties and press Return, keyboard focus is lost.
Can't tab out of an IE pane, such as Home or Web Media.

Fast-forward and rewind still don't work in video files.

Help menu remains grayed out when you return from About. This seems to be a general problem with menus and pop-ups, but only under W2K.

When you pause a file, the whole status line is replaced with Paused, so you can't see where you are in the file. Given that the position slider changes shape, this seems a bit redundant. Also, when fast-forwarding or rewinding, the time display is intermittently replaced by Buffering... so you also can't see where you are.

Ilmar

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2002, 02:41:11 pm »

cjdshaw: You were right about the resolution! I dont use VIS much, ok at all! because the vis is so pixellated and a bit on the jerky side.

Maybe my G400 is not fast enough...

LCtheDJ

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2002, 03:06:11 pm »

Switch bar in display area...

Is that the slider/selector at the bottom of the vis/track_info window?  I don't like it. It's really annoying when it pops up every time the mouse passes over that area.  Is there any way to make it stay off until I specifically ask for it to appear?  Instead of the option to Don't Auto-Hide Bars, I'd like to have Don't Show Bars.

And, on the menus for that area, they don't auto-expand before when a file is playing; they do when the player is stopped.  It that by design?

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2002, 03:21:04 pm »

Switching vis mode from Standard to DirectX crashed MJ
Nomad IIMG plugin causes same CO Can't Create error message as before
Main menu entries (File, edit, etc) still fade in and out

29. NEW: Added toolbar button Artist Info, it displayes AllMusic artist info for selected track.
Thank you!

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2002, 03:23:31 pm »

It took just four songs and it started showing buffering and then the choppy playback. Very disapointed.
deerhunter

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2002, 03:24:15 pm »

Is there any chance that backing up the library could also back up my visualizations?

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2002, 03:29:19 pm »

There seems to be a big in Vis Studio on Save - MJ crashed after editing/saving my vis. (argh!)

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2002, 04:06:56 pm »

In the import files dialog, if you type in a directory in the Search Combo-box, it is ignored.  For example, if I type in d:\mp3 and click search, it begins searching my whole C drive. If I use the ellipsis to select a directory, it works properly.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2002, 04:10:14 pm »

I think there is a problem with file rename when for whatever reason MJ can't rename a given file.  I'm still trying to isolate it, but MJ has crashed twice trying to do this.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2002, 04:22:46 pm »

Removing Id3v2 Tag Only Erases Everything in the properties window

the id3v2 tag is not removed

removing The Id3v1 Tag Only Removes The Id3v1 Tag And The File Listed In The Properties Window

Click in On Remove All tags

Does Not Remove The Id3v2 Tag, It Does Remove Id3v1, It Also Clears The File List In The Properties Window
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LCtheDJ

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2002, 04:32:28 pm »

When on Playing Now playlist, I right-click a track and pick "Send to/Playing Now/Add (as next to play)" and the track is COPIED to the next to play position.  Now it is on the list twice.  If the source and destination are both on the Playing Now list, shouldn't the track be MOVED instead of ADDed?  I think it should.  What does the design call for?

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2002, 04:42:51 pm »

Constructive comment:

I vote for fixing the bugs reported, tweaking the existing features and no more new features.  I know I'm not the only one frustrated and left wondering why bugs are reported (over and over) that never seem to get addressed.  Yet, more new features are introduced (with more bugs) when JRiver folks say 'no more new features for MJ 8.0, sorry'.  I'm going to 'sit out' a few betas and see where things go.  To me, it seems like posting bugs is a waste of time and learning to live with the bugs might be less stressful...hahaha.  That's all Next Page

LCtheDJ

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2002, 04:43:36 pm »

TRACKINFO_INSERT_PN_POSITION shows one less than it actually is.  (If the track is number 14 on the list, the display shows it is number 13.)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2002, 04:53:27 pm »

It took just four songs and it started showing buffering and then the choppy playback. Very disapointed.

We haven't addressed this yet.  We're trying to reproduce it in house.  If we can't, I'll start mail bombing you with special player controls.  Please hang with us...

When on Playing Now playlist, I right-click a track and pick "Send to/Playing Now/Add (as next to play)" and the track is COPIED to the next to play position. Now it is on the list twice. If the source and destination are both on the Playing Now list, shouldn't the track be MOVED instead of ADDed? I think it should. What does the design call for?

Send to doesn't care where the files are coming from -- to it, files are files.  So, "Add to Playing Now" will ALWAYS add to playing now.  Hopefully this isn't too big of a deal.

To me, it seems like posting bugs is a waste of time

Well, all I can say is "thanks" to everyone that has been helping us -- we'd never have come this far without your help, patience, and understanding.

Thanks everyone.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2002, 05:20:03 pm »

Deleting a track in Nomad Jukebox caused MJ to crash and exit.  If it helps, it seemed to have an invalid genre - I just did Cleanup this morning, tho.

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2002, 05:25:19 pm »

Clicking on the 'Artist Info' icon now opens the data up in yr web browser instead of inserting it in the pane atop Playing Now. Pluses: you don't have to scroll continuously to read the script. Minuses: I thought it was kind of groovy to have the artist data within MJ and not in a separate window.

HTH

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2002, 05:59:00 pm »

rack Info : Resizing MJ while viewing Track Info (or resizing the pane divider, or the vis window if viewing in a window) causes all kinds of messy refreshes/flashing.

Request : Currently, we can't Quick Play a playlist group. We also get messy playlist lists such as "Genre Weighted Playlist\Rock - 60". How about handling playlists and playlist groups the same way that Media Views are handled in Quick Play. A Playlist Group will be have branches for each playlist/smartlist inside of it, and if you double click the playlist group, MJ plays that entire group, just like it would for an album if you double clicked the album name in Quick Play.
This way we can play Playlist Groups from Quick Play and we also get rid of the messy playlist names.

Ever since turning Track Info into a Visualization plugin, Track Info's no longer display scroll bars when they need to.

mini-me automatically shows Track Info pages instead of visualizations, even though the typical mini-me display window is too small to really show a Track Info template. Note - this is not a request to disable viewing Track Info from mini-me. This is a request for some sort of skin-specific option to either allow Track Info display, or disallow it.

The right click menu doesn't show up from the system tray icon when MJ is in mini-me unless it's also minimized.

(just repeating this from the last build's bug thread - not sure if the problem is still there, or if it ever was, but I'll post it in case you guys find something obvious)
Download Manager : I had downloaded about 10 files with Download Manager, all using Fragment Download, and 4 of them ended up being corrupt. It was during this same download that several of the downloads got to 99% complete and then just suddenly reported as "Canceled" even though I never told it to cancel. All of these downloads were re-tried however, and all of them eventually completed successfully. When I re-downloaded the corrupt files, I didn't use Download Manager, and all 4 came down perfectly the first time. Not something I think I could reliably duplicate in the future, although I'm willing to try. I just thought I'd report it in case you guys wanted to take a look and see if there was some really obvious bug somewhere.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2002, 06:01:12 pm »

It's nice that MJ stops the currently playing file in asked to change its properties, but it would be polite if MJ would automatically resume playing that file at the last-stopped position.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2002, 06:02:49 pm »

Request : Can the Display Window left-right arrow buttons that currently scroll through Track Info templates, also scroll through Visualizations? I think it would suffice to just step through each vis, regardless of which group they were in. Maybe display them as "Planetarium - Peacock Pulse" or something similar. Unless you have something else in mind, or plans to add some way to pick the vis group as well.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2002, 06:12:26 pm »

ZRocker - My feeling is that they seem to be doing some serious bug squashing. In this latest build, I count 10 NEW's 3 Changed's and 24 Fixed's. More than half the items listed are bug fixes! And I wouldn't exactly call the NEW's new features. They're more like little design tweaks, based either on user input, on-the-fly needed changes, or features that were planned all along and only now are being implemented.

For instance, I wouldn't call a new toolbar button and a couple of menu changes to be "new features". And I've seen numerous bugs that I've reported dissapear over the last few builds. Or hadn't you noticed that my list has shrunk dramatically? Next Page

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2002, 06:47:44 pm »

Request : Can the Display Window left-right arrow buttons that currently scroll through Track Info templates, also scroll through Visualizations? I think it would suffice to just step through each vis, regardless of which group they were in. Maybe display them as "Planetarium - Peacock Pulse" or something similar. Unless you have something else in mind, or plans to add some way to pick the vis group as well.

They do... or at least they should.  The synchronization logic is still stupid though, so let the bar disappear and reappear.

Track Info: chooses templates
Visualizations: chooses scripts
TV: changes channels
DVD: chapter seeking

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2002, 07:18:26 pm »

Ah, I see... it just doesn't work if you have "Cycle" selected. Is that intentional? It doesn't bother me either way, although it could be nice to be able to switch in/out of Cycle that way as well... Maybe label it Cycle Planetarium, Cycle All, Cycle . Actually, could it display "Planetarium - Make It Stop" "Collage - Clean-n-Tidy" etc?

Also... it would be really great if we could have different settings for different display settings. For instance, I'd like Enlarged Menus and Auto-Hiding-Bars in Fullscreen (The top bar always auto-hides regardless of what setting you choose, by the way), but internally, I'd like normal sized menus and a locked bar. Is something like this possible?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2002, 07:25:48 pm »

Not sure what to make of this one... I started burning a CD. While it was burning, I minimized the Device Transfer dialog box and had MJ start playing a playlist so I could play around with the new Vis-changing buttons. When I restored the Device Transfer dialog box, I noticed that it was burning a file that I hadn't told it to (at least that's what it said it was doing). It was burning something called "mp1", and then it burned the first file that was in the playlist I started playing (as described above) even though this song was not specified in the CD Burning list, and then it burned another file called "wav" and then finally crashed.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2002, 09:53:24 pm »

In Full Screen mode we had a bar on top with the name of the file that was playing and the remaining time.
In build 210 it dissapeared. Is this gone forever or will it come back sometime ? (I liked it)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Markus

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2002, 11:07:03 pm »

1. The "Check for upgrades"-function alwyas comes up with a "Monkeys Audio Plugin Update" which I then tell MJ to download and install. Which it seems to do then. But anyway afterwards it says again there was a new Plugin to install when I do "Check for upgrades" which is the same. This I found first in MJ8.207.

2. Is there any way to get completey rid of the Visualization/Trackinfo-window in "Playing Now"? I can't find it...

3. The branch "File Location" under "Media Library" Dos not seem to work properly: Sometimes folders show files which they definately do not contain and which neither are contained by any subfolders but just by folders "under" them in the Tree. What I mean is: On the same level. So if B and C are direct subfulders of A, B seems to contain files from C which is a bug.

RhinoBanga

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2002, 11:30:30 pm »

This one's been around for a few beta releases now.

When explorer crashes and restarts, the MJ system tray icon does not reappear.

This is on WindowsXP.

dragyn

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2002, 12:24:53 am »

"Don't Autosize Bars" doesn't resize the viewing area. Parts of the visualization are hidden.

When using a visualization other than the defaults, the slider bar shows n/a...can't switch visualizions. (Visualization used is not in the root directory/Opened from Vis Studio).

*Dual Monitors. Monitor 1 (1024X768, left, 0,0), Monitor 2 (800X600, right, 1024,0)*
When right clicking on the tray icon, submenus appear on Monitor 2 instead of the main screen. In this setup, the submenus don't show as there is no desktop space there.
Other programs show their submenus to the left as if there is only one monitor.

*Album Arist* View Scheme: Album Artist/Ablum
Can't drag and drop. Can't rename Album Artist or Album using rename (right click menu). Unable to use F2 to rename.
"This operation can not be completed this way. To convert the media type or bitrate of a file, please use the converter. (Tools->Convert Format)"

*File Statistics*
When opening the stats on a Album using an Album Artist entry, it shows the number of Artists as 1 instead of the different artists viewed.

*Status View*
When one file is selected, it shows all files stats instead of that one. When selecting more than one, it shows the stats of the selected.
(Total File(s):/Duration:/SizeNext Page

*Vis Studio*
Vis Studio window doesn't stay with MJ. When it's open, it's opened on top of all the other windows. When clicking on it, MJ is brougt up behind it.
When pressing delete on a font type selection box, it deletes the selected file in MJ.

*mini-me* Winamp Skin
When right clicking in the viusaliztion window and selecting an item, the item shows up (ie: vis studio) AND the click also goes to wherever the mouse is. So if "Vis Studio" happens to be over "STOP", the song stops.
Visualizions don't show unless the window is active. (Always on top setting)
Volume % doesn't show when using mouse wheel.

Right-Clicking an item in the Tree opens the viewer pane when unneeded. "Play" is a
good example. It should keep the current window active/updated.

WinXp: Icon in systray is screwing up the notifications. It will always "Hide when inactive" because the name (tooltip) doesn't reset to a stopped state.

Pausing a file and then moving the slider, MJ shows buffering, then is unresponsive/crashes.

When importing mp3s, some are imported with 0 bitrate, 0 time even though the file exists. When playing this file, the correct time is displayed in the player window.

"File Properties..." should be on "Media Library" and View Schemes. It's on every other menu.

When converting a format, it removes the original from the database.
When conversion is done, sometimes the "Conversion Finished" Window is behind the Converting Window and you can't close it unless switching to it from ALT-TAB.

*UNC Library*
MJ resets back to "Default" when restarting.
File/Library and Library Manager shows "Default" as the loaded library when it isn't. Sometimes there is no check by any library when one is loaded.

*UNC Files*
When renaming files from properties (Artist - Name - ETC), it cuts off the first \ in the file name and doesn't work.

*Time*
The time displayed is not correct. It's been this way in every single build.
If you have crossfading on and switch songs, notice where the song is compared to the time. Now stop everything and play the song again. You'll notice the times don't match up. It can be a second off or even upwards to 6 secs.

MJ is starting the clock before the buffer runs out on the previous song.

*Location*
I have mp3 files in C:\MP3 Files\
I have directories for albums: C:\MP3 Files\Artist\Album\

When using quick play, it shows all files (even subdirectories) under Library\Location\C:\MP3 Files\
When using tree view, it shows all files also in same location.

To me, I think Files/Directories should be separated.
In Quick Play, using to show the files in the directory and have the sub directory names below that. This would be the easiest to navagate instead of searching all the files.
In Tree View, do something like playlist groups. "Files in playlist, Files in playlist or below, Files not in playlist, File not in playlist or below". Have another bar for location "Files in directory, Files in directory or below"
This would leave the option to just show the files in the directory being viewed instead of all of them.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2002, 06:01:10 am »

_Still_  problems with digital playback, now over 4 beta versions.
Digital playback is scratchy, with pops. Analog playback is better.

This is when playing a audio cd.

Just tried two same songs from two different cd's with MJ vs EAC and Window media player. MJ played with pops and scratches, EAC and Windows media player played them clean and perfect.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.210
CD-drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1799 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000

scub

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2002, 06:13:18 am »

Unable to use Spectrum Analyzer/Cover Art Spectrum on Windows 98 machine.  When I try to use this it is a blank screen.  If I switch to gradient it works fine.  It doesn't like using cover art as the background for the visualization.  This feature seems to work fine on Windows NT machine.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2002, 06:13:24 am »

Xstatic> Have you tried switching your CD-ROM's mode from ASPI to IDE or vice versa? That did the trick for me...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2002, 06:14:28 am »

MJ still crashes after listening to music with visualizations playing (at least it did on me last night in fullscreen mode) for an extended amount of time.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2002, 06:26:29 am »

Doof, yes I did.
Normally it is in IDE. when switching it to ASPI, MJ locks completely up when trying to play a cd.
When choosing autoconfig, it goes into IDE, and I do hear music, but scratchy music.

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2002, 07:03:03 am »

Bugs that need fixed.

1> Volume drops off to a very low level occasionally. Generally 5-6 minutes of playing time; buffering is very heavy; i think it's too much. I have observed it buffering many times but the hard drives are not being read at the same time.

2> Most of the time when a playing track is paused; to get it to play again, you have to click "Stop" and then it starts over with first track regardless of where in the order the track you paused was.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.210

CPU: Intel Pentium II 348 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 141 MB
Resource Info: System - 62 %, GDI - 80 %, User - 62 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600
ComCtl32.dll: N/A
Shlwapi.dll: N/A
Shell32.dll: N/A
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

3> Label Printing - Preview and edit needs to be redone so you can make changes before fnal preview and printing.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2002, 08:01:14 am »

If the Media Library node in the tree is collapsed, and I click on the label (the word media, for instance), the node expands and then automatically retracts - it should just toggle between expanded and contracted.

If I click on the |PLS| sign next to the words Media Library, it works as expected.

Pietro

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2002, 10:47:59 am »

MJ constantly crashes w/o any error message when accessing CDDB to get information for a new CD. Sometimes the CDDB access works, but mostly MJ exists after a few seconds. Played arround with CDDB settings (i.e. longer/shorter timeout times) w/o success. Don't remember with what Beta this started, but is still not fixed with the latest Beta 210. Any hints are welcome.

Thanks
Pietro

mhorton

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2002, 10:51:36 am »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.._Still_ problems with digital playback, now over 4 beta versions.
Digital playback is scratchy, with pops. Analog playback is better.
This is when playing a audio cd.

I have this problem with this build also, but choosing analog over digital has no effect. Happens with any CD, but doesn't happen in other media jukebox programs (uninstall MJ, installed a couple of other jukeboxes to test--no problems with 'em, then re-install MJ, and the problem returns). switching modes doesn't help. I don't know when this started--I haven't played an audio cd in a couple of weeks.

Michael

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2002, 11:13:32 am »

Hi - the Artist info button (neat feature - thanks).

How does it decide what information to call up? It's not the playing song / artist, and if the focus is not in the playing now list it's hard to work out what the focus is??
Namaste,
John

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2002, 12:26:46 pm »

Still broken in 210...

Multimedia keys work fine when MJ has focus.

When MJ does not have focus:
- Play/pause button "blips" playback when MJ is playing, and starts Windows Media Player
- Stop button causes MJ to GPF
- Prev/Next track buttons work fine.

Microsoft Internet Keyboard Professional, USB, driver 2.0.300.0.

Media Jukebox 8.0.210

CPU: Intel Pentium III 750 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.000

LCtheDJ

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2002, 12:32:28 pm »

With the player stopped and a list of tracks on Playing Now, I click on the player's button for next track. The next track loads and begins to play.  I didn't ask it to play, only to load.  I think this is a bug, but it might be just a differnce of opinion in how it should function.  I expect it work just like a hardware CD player does.  Is there any way to que up a track without having it start playing?

Markus,

2. Is there any way to get completey rid of the Visualization/Trackinfo-window in "Playing Now"? I can't find it...

If you grab the divider bar at the bottom of the vis window, you can drag it all the way up until the vis window completely disappears.
Pages: [1]   Go Up