INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox  (Read 1523 times)

Gwendarlin

Media Jukebox
« on: February 21, 2002, 12:17:39 pm »

I keep getting an error message of "Media Jukebox is unable to acquire a license for this file, OXCOOD2712" whenever I try to write an audio file to my cd writer.  Does this mean that your product is not supported by my cd writer? or is it because my audio files were saved in wma format?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Media Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 12:21:43 pm »

It's a "special" wma file.  It's encrypted.  Please check with Microsoft.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

IQ10

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 12:52:24 pm »

Or if you own these files you might try:
http://wind.prohosting.com/danny187/downloads

[former member]

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 03:22:00 pm »

Look at "Bill Gates and more double speak " thread.
Kind of gives a new perspective on "Secure" files.
That's right.
I'm cool.

hvyduty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 05:34:44 pm »

IQ
Where to you come up with these links I had the problem MJ burn some files from MY OWN DISC I ASSUMED I OWNED IT. Away when I tried the copy I needed a license well anyway that little link you had took care of that do me a favor don't piss JimH off your posts are really helpful the links are great.
Thanks

Gwendarlin

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2002, 09:55:51 am »

Called Microsoft.  They said the problem is that they own the rights to wma files and unless they have a license with Media Jukebox, which apparently they don't, I won't be able to burn any cds from Media Jukebox...Say it isn't so.....

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2002, 10:21:20 am »

Gwendarlin,

Media Jukebox licenses Windows Media technology from Microsoft. There are some restrictions on burning protected files to CD-R. There are three types of WMA files which you can burn.

1. WMA without DRM.
2. WMA with DRM (ripped by you)
3. Downloaded WMA with DRM which allows burning. (most of downloaded WMA files do not allow burning )

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.

Gwendarlin

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2002, 11:32:29 am »

We live and learn....After spending almost 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft, it has come to my attention that the problem may not be with Media Jukebox after all...the problem appears to be with Yahoo pressplay!!.. I downloaded some audio songs through pressplay, which encrypts the files before saving them in wma format.  I then imported those same files to Media Jukebox.  They play wonderfully, but lo and behold, I can't write them to disk!! Which was the purpose for becoming a subscriber to pressplay.  So, unless I can find a media that supports pressplay and allows me to copy the downloaded audio, I am on the quest to find media that is not only supported through Media Jukebox, but will allow me to write to cd as well...any suggestions??...I don't mind paying for the right to download audio songs, I just want to be able to benefit as well..Thanks

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2002, 11:38:40 am »

Gwendarlin,

The only system which will allow you to burn download files is EMusic.com, the rest of them use copy protection.

Regards,
Nikolay

Chico

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2002, 12:03:12 pm »

Is it correct to assume that the files cannot be converted to a different format either?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2002, 12:16:21 pm »

The way I understand it, PressPlay will not ever let you burn their songs. Not only that, if you let your subscription go, you won't be able to play them anymore yourself. How they can achieve that, I have no idea.
This is all hearsay. I don't ever intend to be able to give personal experience advise on PressPlay.
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up