INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Images with home videos (m2ts)  (Read 2014 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding Images with home videos (m2ts)
« on: March 05, 2014, 02:00:20 am »

Hi,
I have been trying to add Images with 'Config auto import' for the last hours and have a problem.  Using config auto import, I had added a folder called home video that contain pictures, and a sub folder named Christmas 2013 for example that contains some jpg images along with my homemade video m2ts files.  I checked: Audio, Video, and Image as the file types in config auto import but after Auto import is finished, In Image standard view, I only have the jpg images as the file type, m2ts is not found in Image standard view.  Any help would be appreciated. 

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding Images with home videos (m2ts)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:38 am »

I'm not sure I understand the issue.

m2ts is a video format, not a still picture image format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.m2ts
So, MC isn't video editing software and (to the best of my knowledge) you can't add a still into the video for a set period of time.

Are you trying to add an image (.jpg file mentioned) as the imported .m2ts file's cover art? If that's the case, I'd suggest you review this info if you haven't already:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
Associating an image with the video file should be as simple as:
   Click on the .jpg > Copy > Select vid file > Context menu / right click in MC > Cover Art > Paste from Clipboard
This will automatically place the .jpg in the same folder as the .m2ts file and name it with the same filename and the .jpg extension. You can do the same thing manually if the .jpg is already in the same folder, just rename it to the same name as the .m2ts file.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:23:18 am »

Sorry I was not clear.  Here is what I am trying to get.  In standard view, clicking on Images tree then files, I would like to see jpg pictures as well as m2ts homemade video.  I usually take pictures of my kids and also video recording them for a Birthday party for example.  Can I see both still pictures (jpg) and video clip (m2ts) in the standard view Images then somehow organize them separately in theater view (one for still picture jpg and one for moving picture m2ts)?  Thanks.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:37:04 am »

Now I'm with you. Good question / challenge.

Pass.

That one's for others. I'm a simple guy. I work in standard view and I keep my media separate.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:41:25 am »

Customize an image view, and uncheck the Inherit from parent setting.  Add to Set rules for file display Media Type is Video or Image.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up