INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED > Center Missing in MKV Playback  (Read 1549 times)

sKiZo

• World Citizen
SOLVED > Center Missing in MKV Playback
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »

One pic is worth a thousand words, so ...

The center of the screen is missing on all the video files. I also tried it with MC18, which is where I first noticed the problem. The files play back fine in VLC Media Player. Interestingly enough, the files also play back properly in MC17 - glad I kept a copy! In all cases, I use Red October (standard). MC18/MC19 has acceleration and VideoClock checked on. MC17 does not. Unchecking these options in MC18/19 doesn't fix it.

Not sure if this will help, but here's a screen print of the menu setup in MC17 ...

And now for MC 19 ... I played around with these and nothing seemed to make a difference ...

The green line on the right side of the screen doesn't show in MC17 either - I imagine that's about the thickness of the missing information in the center of the screen?

Hep me! Hep me please!!

PS ... The second screen grab also had the green line until I told MC to crop the edges 3% ... This problem is with ALL movies. My entire library is stored in MKV format, ripped from old SD dvd-r's.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Center Missing in MKV Playback
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »

The green line normally indicates a Graphics Driver issue.  What GPU are you using and what version of the Graphics Driver do you have>  The issue may not appear in the older version of MC as the code has had alot of updates since then.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Center Missing in MKV Playback
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »

...also make sure you have V120 (the lastest from the top of this board) installed as it has some fixes for DVD based material that may be relevant in your case.
JRiver CEO Elect

sKiZo

• World Citizen
SOLVED > Center Missing in MKV Playback
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:06 pm »

GPU isn't exactly state of the art ... ATI Radeon HD3200 using the latest driver set. Computer build is several years old now, using the built in graphics of an ECS Black A780GM-A. Pretty respectable performance for an "old timer". Running XP SP3, so I do have the memory limit, but can't see as that's the issue here.

I did try converting one of the offending MKV files to MP4, and the converted file doesn't have the missing center OR the green bar on the right, even with cropping turned off. So, it's not the file itself. I'd think that points to an issue with the MKV decoder being used in the newer versions?

EDIT > > GIVE THE MAN A CEEGAR!

I was running v117 (just downloaded today). Changed over to the "unstable channel" and got v120. Went thru a rather lengthy "adding required components", which I assUme updated a bunch of codecs, and ... tada! Working fine now.

If all life's problems were so simple. Thanx and a tip o'the hat!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: SOLVED > Center Missing in MKV Playback
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:01:28 pm »

Glad it worked out so easily!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up