INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High-End player Astell & Kern  (Read 3719 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
High-End player Astell & Kern
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:56 pm »

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the new AK240 player from Astell & Kern (iRiver). Is there anyone who has such a beauty. Or maybe one of the smaller versions. I'd like to know how it works and also with MC. Especially the GUI is important to me. Need to be able to find music on the player FAST !!

MarSies .....

denboinc

Re: High-End player Astell & Kern
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:48:03 pm »

I have the AK 120.  Works perfectly with MC19.  The iriver software that comes with it is absolutely dreadful.  The touchscreen is a little small for my taste ( I had the Zune 120), but the sound more than makes up for it.  Having a little bit of a time making playlists, but I'll figure something out.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:50 am »

Hey denboinc, I bought the AK240  ;D  ;D  ;D

GUI is much different from the AK120. And the playlists work.

denboinc

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:12:03 pm »

I am jealous...I really enjoy the JRiver playlists and what I do is make a folder called "playlist" on the AK120 and send the manually move the files.  A small price to pay for the awesome sound...Congrats!

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:15 am »

Hey denboinc,

I have seen the AK120 Titan which I prefer considering esthetic looks. Just a matter of taste. I couldn't test it soundwise because it did not play the music I formatted with MC. I used ape in 'extra high' compression and FLAC at level 8. The AK240 plays everything  ;D

I'm trying now to do the same as you do. I've made a handheld which is in fact a folder. I sync music to this 'handheld' and then transfer it with a file manager. Handling handhelds is not MC's strongest point. Combined with the awful connectivity features of the AK240 it's not a good and stable connection.

But when you listen to the sound of the AK240, UNBEATABLE !!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up