INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Distribution  (Read 1037 times)

cooldrewb

Audio Distribution
« on: March 13, 2014, 10:50:03 am »

Hi,

I'm new here and was wondering.  I have a Windows Media Center 8.1 system with an XBox360.   Does JRiver allow me to let say push one song to both devices and if so is there a way to control the music in both locations or through a cell phone.  Sorry if has already been discussed or is a basic question.

Drew

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Distribution
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:45:31 pm »

Assuming the XBox is a DLNA renderer, then yes.

MC has the concept of Zones which is the combination of an output device coupled with audio processing settings. By default on installation you have one zone set up as your default Windows sound device so when you play music it will play on the host computer. DLNA devices when attached to the nework will also show up automatically as another zone. You can select that to push music to instead. Or you can start playback in one zone then link another zone to it so that the same music plays in both zones, but note that they may not play completely in synch.

JRiver have a couple of mobile remote control options: WebGizmo is a web-based interface, therefore avaiulable on any device that has a browser, and Gizmo is a native Android app.

Thre are also some third-party apps, most noteably BubbleUPnP on Android, JRemote on iOS, and nMedium Play on Windows phone.

Look through the Wiki for more information - you will need to enable Media Network in order to use DLNA functions - and also look in the Media Network and Third Party forums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up