INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Last played" not updated  (Read 2732 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
"Last played" not updated
« on: March 14, 2014, 08:29:09 am »

MC lastest version 19.121

I have observed a very strange behaviour:

1) After playing a song, the "last played" and "number of plays" is updated correctly.
2) The song should then be automatically synced with my backup on the NAS via AllwaySync, but isnīt
3) When I go back to MC to find out why, and click on "update library from tags", then the LAST PLAYED and NUMBER PLAYED is changed back to the previous value, as if it hasnīt been played just before

I donīt think it is an issue with the file permissions - I checked in Explorer, the file is "writable"
Also, when I change for example the NAME tag of the song in MC, and then click on "update library from tags", the name change persists, the file is synchronized with the NAS as it ought to be.

? That doesnīt make sense.
I also found a similar post, but in the Linux section: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86760.0

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "Last played" not updated
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:26:32 pm »

Do you have Last Played and Number Plays configured to write these tags to files?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Al ex

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:06:24 pm »

Do you have Last Played and Number Plays configured to write these tags to files?

Well, I canīt really remember that I had to configure this. Also, it worked "before" (recognized this today, but I think PLAYING NOW tagging doesnīt work for several weeks now).

Where can I find the mentioned settings?
What I can find is GENERAL / IMPORTING&TAGGING / Update Tags when File Info Changes, which I have ticked with YES (and havent touched that before).

But that also shouldnīt explain, why some of the tags are updated, others not.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Al ex

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:43:44 am »

See item 9, here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29#Field_Specifications

What I have recognized under Fields / Last Played is that "Save in file tags" was NOT ticked. I changed that to YES. Somehow, it is working now, donīt ask me why.

Also I donīt think this could have been the reason, as I havenīt changed that before. And I also checked on my other MC installation at the HTPC: here tagging works as it is supposed to be, but the "Save in file tags" isnīt ticked either...
Pages: [1]   Go Up