INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all new droid devices bought for family. 64GB externals average time for working  (Read 2377 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

At my fathers for the day and have galaxy s4 and galaxy note both with 64gb cards... how long is it suppose to take for "Working"?

it's been working while under note 3 Card for over 10 minutes.

Any suggestions please?!
Also how come there is (1) next to the SCH-I545 device?

i'll be here for the rest of the day i'd like to get sync working for my fathers and brothers if at all possible.
Thanks in advance

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

At my fathers for the day and have galaxy s4 and galaxy note both with 64gb cards... how long is it suppose to take for "Working"?

it's been working while under note 3 Card for over 10 minutes.

Any suggestions please?!
Also how come there is (1) next to the SCH-I545 device?

i'll be here for the rest of the day i'd like to get sync working for my fathers and brothers if at all possible.
Thanks in advance

I have a note 3 with a 64 GB card and it usually only takes a minute or two of "working" with a blank card (with a full card it sometimes takes ten minutes or so).  The duplicate devices are odd (do you have both phones plugged in at once?); it might be worth trying them one at a time.

If you only have one plugged in, try syncing to the SCH devices instead of the named device.  When I first plug my phone in, windows seems to think it's a CD drive and opens a window.  If I then wait sixty seconds or so without further interaction, windows then recognizes it as a USB storage space and it opens a second window.  JRiver seems to view those two autoplays as different "devices," but the CD version disappears eventually.  It's bizarre.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try updating MC.

HTPC4ME

took about 20 minutes.. but worked flawlessly after that :)

the (1) was due to multiple devices plugged in and i was on latest (stable)
If you only have one plugged in, try syncing to the SCH devices instead of the named device.  When I first plug my phone in, windows seems to think it's a CD drive and opens a window.  If I then wait sixty seconds or so without further interaction, windows then recognizes it as a USB storage space and it opens a second window.  JRiver seems to view those two autoplays as different "devices," but the CD version disappears eventually.  It's bizarre.
ive noticed this as well with our new phones (verizon thing) we just came from tmobile and all of our devices if we plug them in they instantly would be ready... these new verizon phones always load a verizon (cd) then as you mentioned 60 seconds later it will actually load the sdcard, and EXTcard. tried on multiple windows machines... same thing.

Anywho, Thanks guys!

HTPC4ME

can we use jriver sync handheld to backup files as well? sync photos, videos, music back to jriver from device? or is sync handheld only capable of syncing from pc to device?
thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

I wouldn't use it for backups.  It takes a long time to calculate the file list, relies on some trickery, and a contents file, and is easily tripped up with metadata changes.  Use a real backup tool to do mirroring.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HTPC4ME

kk, ty for advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up