INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting through VPN troubles. MC19 as client OK. WebGizmo OK. Gizmo not ok.  (Read 1465 times)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

I have a problem.

When running Gizmo on my LAN it works great. But when I'm out and about and I use a VPN to connect to my home Gizmo fails to connect. The Webgizmo works flawlessly through the VPN and what I think is really really cool is running a laptop (with MC19 installed) from the outside I can seamlessly connect MC19 on the laptop to my home MC19 server through the VPN!! So wherever I am I have access to my 3TB collection and can play uncompressed flac through the familiar user interface that MC19 is. With all my special views and everything. Deeply impressed!

But Gizmo. No go. I think the problem is that when connected via VPN the phone ends up entering my home with an ip in a subnet 192.168.2.x which is NOT the same as where the MC server is at 192.168.0.x. The first subnet is where the VPN lands and it's separated to the home LAN subnet by a firewall which let's through port 51299. Again, webgizmo works through this. MC19 client to MC19 server works through this. But AFAIK Gizmo only tries a direct connection to the MC server's local ipnumber if Gizmo and the MC server are on the exact same subnet? If the subnet Gizmo is on is not in the subnet of the server Gizmo is "smart" and tries to the external IP outside the firewall. Which is blocked.

How can I tell Gizmo to connect to a specific IP number instead of using the automagic "access key"?

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Rewrote the description of the problem.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

No one?

:P

;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It is possible to connect to a specific address when you add a new server.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

It is possible to connect to a specific address when you add a new server.

Oops, I feel stupid now. Thanks for the answer!

:D

magnust

• Galactic Citizen

Worked perfectly after I understood I had to include the port number too. Just IP number failed.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up