INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intel NUC i3 - Haswell - W7 - Thesycon driver - No WASAPI....  (Read 3357 times)

wadbat75

• Recent member

I use JRiver to play music to a DAC. No screen connected. Until now I used an ASUS Eee Box EB1035-B0010. It was too week for hi res audio. Otherwise OK.

Changed to a small NUC from Intel, Intel NUC D34010WYK, based on their new gen4 i3 Haswell processors, with 16 GB memory.

The NUC works fine except for the audio device settings. I can set the Tools/Options/Audio/Audio Device to "TUSBAdio ASIO Driver [ASIO]" and "Alpha USB Digital Output [Kernel Streaming]". And I can play music using any of those options, but I would prefer using WASAPI.

When I used the ASUS I got a WASAPI option. It's not there now.

During the installation of the Thesycon drivers I got an error message:

Error: “C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\nseDE5F.tmp\nsz19E.tmp” cnep
“C:Program Files\ThesyconTUSBAudio_Driver\TUSBAudioCpl.exe’ –hide” did
not return within 30000 ms.

I have no idea what that means. Tried several times to install the drivers with the same result.

The driver name is Thesycon USB 2.0 Audio Devices version 1.26.0.0. I can't get a newer driver from the producer of the DAC.

I would very much like to use WASAPI since I think it sounded better on the old ASUS PC.

Can anyone help me solve this or has anyone heard of a similar problem?

Thanks!               

wyjsar

Re: Intel NUC i3 - Haswell - W7 - Thesycon driver - No WASAPI....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »

Hi, I see you didn't get any replies. I don't think I have the exact same issue but I have something similar.
I used to use an ACER RL3700 nettop with W7 Home Premium to drive my Wyred 4 Sound DAC2. Audio output was WASAPI and all worked well. Using JR19.
I've now move to an Intel NUC i3 D34010WYKH running W7 Professional. I've loaded the W4S drivers but I'm only able to output Kernel Streaming. I've just loaded M2TECH HiFace drivers and again I only have Kernel Streaming. Trying WASAP gives an error message (Playback could not be started...).
Now, KS sounds fine to me but I'm interested as to why I can't use WASAPI.
Furthermore, when I go to Control Panel, Sound, the only device I see is "Remote Audio". This is even when selecting that disabled devices should be shown. Both the W4S and HiFACE are shown in device manager, sound video and game controllers.

I've asked W4S if they can help but they're scratching their heads. I wonder if anyone else on the forum who is more familiar than I am with the Intel NUC devices has seen this before and what the cause might be.
Cheers,
Jon

wyjsar

Re: Intel NUC i3 - Haswell - W7 - Thesycon driver - No WASAPI....
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 01:51:59 pm »

After a week of trying, and an hour after my first post I've solved it.

I'd been connecting using a remote desktop connection. Connecting via TeamViewer instead allows me to use WASAPI showing my W4S as a 24/192 USB device. Obviously an RDC limitation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up