INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Video via Gizmo Galaxy Note 3  (Read 1659 times)

Grape Ape

• Recent member
No Video via Gizmo Galaxy Note 3
« on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »

I am trying to get Video through Gizmo to work on my Galaxy Note 3.

I am trying to play video through Gizmo but the video will only play for about 1 second, and then go black and cut back to the previous menu. I have tried some suggestions I found in the forums such as making sure video works in web gizmo, setting video quality to low, and trying http streaming. Nothing works.

I want you to know that Gizmo works on my wife's S2, on my daughters Nexus 7 tablet, and on my ASUS Transformer Prime tablet. I also want you to know that Gizmo used to work on my Galaxy Note 3. I did not upgrade or change anything on my Note 3. The only change I made was to install the newest version of Gizmo on my Note 3. The one where rating songs was introduced. Now, no video on my Note 3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have cleared Gizmo cache and data, still no luck.

From what I can read, many other users have run into this same problem. Is there a fix available that I have not found? Is ther a beta version of Gizmo that I can try to fix my problem?

Please help.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: No Video via Gizmo Galaxy Note 3
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

Should be fixed,
- Make sure you have the lastest version of Gizmo from the App Store
- Go to the Gizmo Options and "Check" Use HTTP Live Streaming
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »

Sorry - just noticed you are on MC18.  I don't think this will work till you are on MC19.
JRiver CEO Elect

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:21:31 pm »

OK, thank you. I can confirm that installing the trial version of MC 19 will fix my problem.

My only problem is that I don't want to shell out another $27 for MC19 when this was working fine in MC18 just a couple of months ago. What changed?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:38:17 pm »

Did you try "un-checking" the Use HTTP Live Streaming (this is then uses the "old method".  Note: this new HTTP Live Streaming mode was introduced as that most new Andriod Phones would not work with the "old method" esp on Android V4.2.2 onward.  As such I did not think the Note 3 ever worked but as I don't have one I'm speculating.
JRiver CEO Elect

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »

Yes, I tried checking and unchecking. This exact same set-up used to work brilliantly. J River must have changed something on their end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up