INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver IRQL Crash and Backing up settings  (Read 922 times)

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
Driver IRQL Crash and Backing up settings
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:03 am »

Hello,

I get a blue screen and my computer reboots sometimes when I press stop on JRiver while playing music. The blue screen error reads something along the lines of "Driver IRQL not less or equal to".

I have updated to 19.0.121 but it has not happened on that build since I just updated it. The crash is seemingly random as it does not occur most of the time, only sometimes does it reboot so I am not sure how to reproduce the problem and test for it.

Read the guide which suggests that this is a hardware/OS problem and am considering buying a SSD and reinstalling windows. I have made a lot of settings using the parametric EQ and other settings that I don't want to loose if I reinstall windows, have used the backup library option as described and saved the zip file but wanted to know for sure if the parametric EQ and other settings will be preserved or if I need to back them up separately.

Please let me know about the settings and how to save them if the backup library option is not the way to do it. If it is please let me know how to restore the settings after I reinstall windows if I do that. Also any help/tips on troubleshooting the reboot would be appreciated.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Driver IRQL Crash and Backing up settings
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:26:07 am »

It is likely that this is in the driver area.  What device are you using for playback?  How is it configured in MC?  Did you try updating its driver?

Please be as specific as possible.  Filetypes, etc.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:33:17 am »

Please let me know about the settings and how to save them if the backup library option is not the way to do it. If it is please let me know how to restore the settings after I reinstall windows if I do that.

A backup of the Main Library will include the full settings, including the DSPs.
When restoring, simple import the library backup, and it'll ask you if you want to import settings, files or both.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JRU

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:43:07 am »

I am using digital output from the sound card, Auzentech X Meridian. There are no newer drivers for this, I can't even open their website, my anti virus reports their website now hosts a trojan horse. I think they closed up shop?

In any case I only have the older driver from 2011 or so as I recall.

I use mostly MP3s but also a few FLACs. The error (so far) only occurs when I press stop in JRiver.

If you need some specific settings, please let me know and I will post them.

When I import the file, do I import the zip zile? Or do I need to unzip it?

Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up