INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Record TV via Tremote?  (Read 1310 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to Record TV via Tremote?
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:33:39 am »

I've got 2 PCs running Windows based MC that are set up as servers, so that both can access the other's library as per:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote
Neat functionality that really rocks.

If I remote into PC2 from PC1 by loading PC2's library, I can bring up the TV window and view the EPG, recordings, recording rules and the rest for PC2. On PC1 (acting as the client), via the EPG, I can select a show and schedule a record. However, what I'm finding is that when the time comes for the recording to start, nothing happens ..  ?

Is this the intent, i.e. indicate successful recording scheduled but still do nothing? Or is the intent of MC & Tremote to permit configuring the recording schedule remotely?
Have I done something wrong or do I need to configure a switch somewhere?

If this sort of functionality is not the intent of the software, then I'd recommend that some kind of flag be raised advising the user that they're doing something that won't work. Better still, raise a block with a suitable message telling the user that what they're doing is not permissible.

Note, that the ability to remote in and set the EPG schedule would be very desirable especially when I'm in a situation where my significant other is "glued to the set" ... how much "So you think you can dance?" can any real bloke take? Personally, I'm more a Gene Kelly & Donald O'Connor or Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers type. They had old school style ... anyhoo back to topic.

There are times when it would be good for everyone to let those locked on to the idiot box, just tune in and drop out.

Thanks ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to Record TV via Tremote?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:09:42 am »

In MC's startup options on the server, are you running Media Server?  I believe that what you're doing should work.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 07:26:49 am »

In MC's startup options on the server, are you running Media Server?  I believe that what you're doing should work.

For sure. Both PCs have their servers running (also set up to launch that way from start up). I've enabled the server via:
    Tools > Options > Media Network
.. with Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA checked.
I've used the generated Access Key from the server PC in the client PC to load the library to work remotely.

I have not checked Authentication (I didn't notice in the write up that this is required, so left it alone). The selection of the server and other options have been left as default.

If I missed something simple, apologies for the boo-boo.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:19:06 am »

You should be able to set up server recordings from a client.  I believe you must set up the server to allow clients to update the library (thus authentication), but I am not totally sure about this.  Have a look at the tvrecording.xml file on the server after scheduling a recording on client and waiting for a few minutes.  Does the file contain an entry that reflect the recording that you schedule from the client?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:36:22 am »

You should be able to set up server recordings from a client.  I believe you must set up the server to allow clients to update the library (thus authentication), but I am not totally sure about this.  Have a look at the tvrecording.xml file on the server after scheduling a recording on client and waiting for a few minutes.  Does the file contain an entry that reflect the recording that you schedule from the client?

Yep, authentication sorted things out. Thanks..
Pages: [1]   Go Up