INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo and MC 19  (Read 1887 times)

tromba

• Recent member
Gizmo and MC 19
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:20:41 pm »

If this is the wrong place to ask this, let me know. It's more of a Gizmo question than MC 19. On the computer in MC, I can search for Clifford Brown and the results give 21 albums and 244 individual titles.

On Gizmo (latest version, on an HP tablet running cyogenmod android) I only get results of 9 albums and 11 titles. I've searched and browsed around to find out what I'm doing wrong, but can't seem to fix this, which makes Gizmo not very helpful.

There may be some titles in those albums, but I can't get to them. If I tap on an album the only option is to play the entire album, with no choice of titles.

What do I have configured wrong?

tromba

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo and MC 19
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:01 pm »

So am I asking in the wrong place, or does nobody use Gizmo?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:55:54 pm »

Gizmo questions pop up on the version board or on the Android board.

Either should get a response.

When I use Gizmo, I listen to a smartlist so I'm not searching for one artist. So, no experience to help you from my end. One for others.

Not sure what diagnostic log runs for Gizmo, so it will be interesting to see what you get back. I can see you've been patient for a while. Shouldn't be too much longer..   ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:11:29 am »

There may be some titles in those albums, but I can't get to them. If I tap on an album the only option is to play the entire album, with no choice of titles.
Try press and hold on one.

tromba

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:50:56 am »

Try press and hold on one.
I should have mentioned that I tried that. It brings up a pop-up that offers to play the entire album (I can't recall the other choices off-hand, but the first one is PLAY)

connersw

Re: Re: Gizmo and MC 19
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:13 am »

Yes, Play clears the queue and plays the whole album (same as single tap).
Add keeps the queue, but adds the single track starting immediately.
Play (with Play Doctor) loads a Play Doctor Smartlist.
Add (as next to Play) adds the single track to play next after the current Playing Now, while keeping the rest of the queue.

I'll have to look into the search issue more. I do not use it very often.

connersw

Re: Re: Gizmo and MC 19
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 08:38:29 am »

Ahh, I see what you are saying.  The issue is in the way search operates differently in MC than Gizmo.

In MC, search only searches within the current View, and it bring up relevant results displayed within that View scheme.  Files outside your View are excluded from the results.

In Gizmo, you search your entire Library outside of a View.  It cannot create a View on the fly or guess which View scheme you would like the results displayed in.  Therefore, it just displays the results in a drop down and only allows you to Play or Add.  That means for an Album result, you can not drill down into the Album.

My response above applies within a View where you drill down into an Album.  In the search results, it is still the same except when the result is an Album, it applies to the whole Album.  Play clears the queue and plays the whole Album.  Add adds the whole Album within the queue.

I am assuming that results are capped in order to optimize speed and limit the drop down since you are searching the whole Library, and results can only be displayed in a drop down.  Basically, you just need to be more specific with search requests.  If you searched by Album name, one at a time, all 21 Albums will show up (they are all there); they just won't show up all at once when you search by Artist.  Likewise with the individual 244 Tracks.

If you have an Artist View set up, and go into Clifford Brown, you will see all 21 Albums at once, and you will be able to drill down in each Album to the individual Tracks and play them one at a time as I described above.

The only solution I can see would be adding Search to the Commands list within a View so that search worked the same as it does in MC.

tromba

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:41 pm »

OK, I understand that part, but what about searches as mentioned on my first post... only finding 11 of 244 items doesn't make Gizmo very useful...
Pages: [1]   Go Up